If you are lucky enough to be blessed with twins, you may now be in the market for a conveyance that will allow you to transport both of your bundles of joy together. If this is the case, fortunately you have come to the right place to preview some of the best strollers for twins.
Here we have reviewed some of the best and most well-loved baby strollers for twins, and spotlighted some of the pros and cons associated with each stroller.
We have also comprised a Strollers for Twins Buying Guide—a guide in which we will highlight some of the greatest functions and features that make these dual-passenger strollers so highly sought in today’s marketplace.
The Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is the perfect mode of transport for your infant or toddler twins. Recommended for children up to 35 pounds and meeting all the requirements for theme parks like Disneyland, the stroller is extra durable, and the large European-inspired canopy is guaranteed to keep your children safely protected from the sun and other elements.
As for carrying space, the stroller features two large storage bags that are ideal for carrying all your gear, and the parent cup holder allows you to sip your coffee as you roll along.
The 360-degree front wheels on the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller are designed to absorb shocks and bumps; and the stroller meets and exceeds all ASTM standards.
Very convenient, the stroller is designed to fit through a standard 30-inch door; and should something ever happen to the stroller it is eligible for free replacement parts. With multiple positions ranging from fully upright to total recline, your babies will always be happy and comfortable; and the compact umbrella on the stroller folds up easily for quick storage and hassle-free travel.
- Shock-resistant wheels. With its shock resistant wheels you will never have to worry about waking up your children when traversing over rough ground.
- Versatile. The Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller has multiple recline positions for comfort. It can also accommodate infant car seats with a special adaptor.
- Tight fit through doorways. Although the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller can fit through a standard 30-inch door, narrower openings may be impossible for the stroller to enter.
The 30-inch wide Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller is another side-by-side stroller with a lot of great attributes to love. Very accommodating, the stroller is able to carry two children up to 45 pounds each (90 pounds total), and the versatile seats and footrests can recline and/or be adjusted independently of the other, ensuring you can find the most comfortable position for each of your children.
The easy-to-use stroller has a canopy and basket (that can be folded quickly using only one hand) and a removable bumper for easy storage.
The large wheels on the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller all have sealed bearings for the best in maneuverability, and the linked parking brakes ensure no accidental “rollaways” should you somehow become distracted.
The large protective canopy has a small window that allows you to keep an eye on your babies while simultaneously protecting them from the sun. The stroller has two cup holders for parents and dual zippered pockets for keeping things like phones, keys, sunglasses and, of course, snacks for the kiddos.
The entire unit is free of chemicals and is totally flame retardant; and its easy fold design allows it to be stored away easily in any trunk or closet.
- Canopy Window. The canopy window on the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller is a great idea, one that allows you to keep an eye on your little ones without exposing them to the sun’s harmful rays.
- Heavy-duty. The Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller is able to accommodate children up to 45 pounds each.
- A bit inaccessible. Some reviewers have complained that reaching items under the seat of the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller is a bit difficult.
The versatile nature of the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller allows children to sit in the rear and front seats of the unit or stand on the rear platform when they want to stretch their legs.
This is made possible by a removable rear seat which converts the “sit” stroller into a “stand” stroller; and the rear, foot-activated brake makes it easy to stop and ultra-safe.
Toward the front of the stroller is a removable, swing-away child tray complete with cup holder, while the rear of the stroller has a covered parent tray with two cup holders that stand at the ideal height.
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller accepts two infant car seats, making it easy to transfer children from the car to the stroller; and both seats on the stroller are equipped with a factory-tested, 5-point harness for maximum safety and security.
Cleaning the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller is an absolute breeze. The seat pads can be wiped thoroughly with mild household soap and water, as can both the child and parent tray.
- Convertible. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller offers parents the option of having their children stand on a rear platform instead of sitting in one of the very comfortable seats.
- Rear foot brake. The rear foot brake on the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller enables parents to stop the stroller easily and lock the brake when the stroller is not in use.
- Lots of moving parts. According to some reviewers, the high number of moving parts on the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller could lead to more maintenance over the life of the stroller.
The Chicco Echo Twin Stroller boasts independent reclining seats with 4 different positions and adjustable leg support. This allows you to adjust the seats differently (or the same) to meet each child’s preference.
It has a terrific rear canopy that adds an extra measure of enclosure, and it can also be zipped off on a nice day when you want to enjoy better air flow.
The mesh storage bag on the Chicco Echo Twin Stroller is perfect for carrying things like toys, diapers, accessories and snacks; and the dual front wheels, which can be locked when not in use, afford you greater suspension.
The stroller folds up quick and easily for travel and storage, and the carry handle makes traveling simple and practical. Each seat on the Chicco Echo Twin Stroller can accommodate children from age 6 months to toddlers up to 40 pounds.
- Dual wheels in front. The dual front wheels on the Chicco Echo Twin Stroller allow for greater maneuverability and stability.
- Carry handle. Travel has never been easier thanks to this stroller’s convenient carrying handle.
- User manual a bit confusing. Some purchasers of the Chicco Echo Twin Stroller found its user manual a bit complicated and hard to follow.
Strollers for Twins: Buying Guide
When shopping for a stroller for your twins there are many factors to consider—factors that range from the type of stroller you want to buy to the features a given stroller possesses. To help make the buying process a bit easier, here we have compiled a brief buyer’s guide that will cover some of these considerations.
There are many different types of strollers that may be suitable for your twins. Below we will take a closer look at these various stroller types:
- Side-by-side strollers. As the name suggests, side-by-side strollers have seats that are directly next to each other. This type of stroller is perfect for twins, as the seats tend to be the same size and the “cuteness” factor of having both babies next to each other is very appealing to a lot of moms.
- Tandem strollers. Tandem strollers, also called in-line strollers, feature a front and a rear seat. This type can also be great for twins and its narrow build allows it to fit through doors a bit more easily than the side-by-side models.
- Double Jogging strollers. Double jogging strollers are ideal for the active family on the go. These strollers tend to have great wheels and superb suspension, and can be purchased in either the side-by-side or in-line type.
- Sit-and-stand stroller. The sit and stand stroller is another type of double stroller that resembles the tandem or in-line stroller in that the seats are front and back. The difference between the two? With these types of strollers, the rear seat can be removed so that one of the children can stand on the rear platform as you roll along.
When we speak of built-in protections on a stroller, we are talking about the features that keep your baby twins safe and protected.
For example, strollers for twins should have some type of braking system—a hand or foot brake—and at the very least you should be able to lock the wheels when the stroller is not in motion. This will prevent the stroller from accidentally rolling away when you are not paying direct attention to it.
A canopy or umbrella is also important to prevent the rays of the sun from shining directly on your twins. Some canopies even have windows that allow you to peer in on your babies without sacrificing that protection.
Finally, a harness system of some kind is a must. This will prevent the children from climbing out of the stroller and potentially injuring themselves.
Performance features on a twin stroller are also important. They include things like 360-degree front wheels for easy maneuverability, or double wheels with locking swivels. Strollers with good shock absorption will also allow you to roll over uneven or rocky ground without disturbing a sleeping baby or two.
Last but not least, let’s talk about some of the convenience features that are very nice to have on a dual-seat stroller for twins. Swiveling trays with cup holders in front of each seat are great for serving your kids snacks and drinks on the go.
Many of the strollers that come with this feature also allow you to remove the tray and stow it neatly away in the rear.
One or two cup holders for the parents are also a nice touch, enabling you to sip your favorite beverages as you walk your children or shop in the mall.
Mesh or zippered bags on a stroller are great for stowing away things like diaper bags, toys and snacks; and smaller compartments, located higher up on the stroller, can be used for holding keys, wallets, phones and more.
Once you find the perfect stroller type for your needs and preferences—one with all the integrated protective and performance features, coupled with a little bit of convenience—you and your twins will be ready for any adventure.