Are you looking for a vacuum that can help you keep your garage clean? Something that makes it easier to clean the messes in your garage, car or workshop? If so, you have come to the right place.
Our Quick Answer: What Are The Best Garage Vacuums in 2018-2019?
- VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum
- Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet/Dry Car Vacuum
- Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer
Here we will review several of the best, most convenient and hottest selling wall-mounted vacuums on the market today, and highlight the pros and cons associated with each unit. We have also compiled a Garage Vacuum Buyer’s Guide, in which we will outline and explain the various features and characteristics you should look for when purchasing one of these products.
VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum
The VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum is a unique and highly useful tool that is also very robust, making it extremely powerful for a wealth of cleaning applications.
The vacuum also comes complete with a hanger, giving it a clutter-free design; a caddy bag for storing the vacuumed debris; a telescopic wand for cleaning hard-to-see and hard-to-clean areas; a dusting brush; floor tools and a crevice tool for seeking out dirt and debris in corners and along the door frames of automobiles.
The easy to change HEPA style bag on the VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum boasts 7 gallons of cubic space, which means users will no longer have to deal with messy canisters to clean and hard-to-change filters. The 5.1 inch Ametek Lamb motor offers more than enough power for a vacuum tool of this type and is guaranteed to last roughly 25 percent longer than other types of motors.
The metal parts of the VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum are treated with a tough powder-coated finish that will help those parts resist rust and corrosion. The entire system can be mounted to any wall of your garage in a snap, and the vacuum comes with a full 5-year warranty against any defects not directly caused by misuse of the unit.
- Easy to Mount. The VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum comes with all the necessary hardware to mount the system on any garage wall securely.
- Storage. The wall-mounted vacuum system includes three drawers for easy storage of smaller attachments and hardware.
- Long hose. Measured at 30 feet, the hose on the VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum is perfect for any job and will never tangle.
- No liquids. Unlike some wall-mounted vacuum systems, the VacuMaid GV30 Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum is not rated for picking up liquids.
- Additional bags needed. This particular vacuum system is “bagged,” meaning users will have to change bags when the current one becomes too full.
Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum
The 12-amp Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet/Dry Car Vacuum is the perfect vacuuming unit for picking up both wet and dry messes, whether in your garage, workshop, automobile or any other place a mess like this can occur.
The ability to mount the Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum, using the included wall mounting kit, makes it a very handy product; and the 32 foot hose allows the power of the vacuum to stretch throughout the garage. The 12-amp motor on this system offers powerful and precise suction for all your garage cleaning needs, from liquid spills and messes to dirt, grime and debris.
The blower is ideal for keeping any work area free of particles such as sawdust; and the seven all-purpose accessory tools can turn anyone into an excellent car detailer. All the filters on the unit are cleanable and reusable; and the bag-less design means you will never have to buy any additional bags.
- Versatile. The Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum can be used as both a vacuum and a blower, thus offering consumers two unique ways to keep their garage or workshop clean and tidy.
- Multiple attachments. The multiple attachments on this vacuum make it perfect for a variety of tasks, including car detailing.
- Bag-less. The Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum has a four gallon canister rather than using a messy bag.
- Hose needs frequent cleaning. Unless the hose on the Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum is cleaned frequently, users may lose quite a bit of suction power.
Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer
Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer is a commercially rated product and the first choice of professional car detailers and anyone that loves to keep a clean car.
The Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer is packaged and sold with a full range of specialized automotive attachments that will allow you to reach into every nook and cranny of your vehicle’s interior, and the hose bracket and tool caddy keeps all these accessories and tools nice and neat.
The vacuum is made from the toughest, powder-coated steel and comes equipped with a 4.0 Peak HP, twin-fan, industrial quality motor, which produces an almost unbelievable 95” of lift (the standard measure of vacuum efficiency). The 5-gallon bag-less tank can pick up and store an unbelievable amount of dirt and debris and is very easy to change. Made in the USA, this is the perfect tool to have in any garage or shop.
- Large tank. The Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer is equipped with an extra large 5-gallon tank for collecting and storing the vacuumed dirt and trash.
- Many attachments. With seven convenient attachments, car detailing has never been easier.
- Crushproof hose. You will never have to worry about running over the hose of the Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer, as its crush proof design can withstand tons of pressure without cracking or fraying.
- Problems with sawdust. While the Metro VAC N BLO Car Vacuum Dryer is great for detailing cars, it is not, according to some users, very good at picking up sawdust.
- No liquids. Unlike the previous product, this vacuum is only approved for “dry” messes.
Garage Vacuum Buying Guide
When purchasing a garage vacuum for your home or place of business there are several features and factors to consider. To help you make the most informed buying decision, below we have complied some of these considerations.
Dry or Wet/Dry
Garage vacuums essentially come in two types: those that can handle dry messes only and those that can handle both wet and dry messes. Both of these can be very powerful systems, but if you decide to go with a Wet/Dry model you may have to spend more money in the long run for this feature. Dry vacuums or great for car detailing and picking up dirt, sawdust, etc in the garage, but they cannot handle wet spills such as water or other liquids that can make a real mess.
Not all garage vacuums are wall-mounted. Wall-mounted vacuums have the advantage of offering you more floor space in your garage or workshop. They also keep you from having to lug the vacuum from one side of the car to the other, and can prevent you from tripping. Therefore, if you are going to buy a garage vacuum, we highly recommend you get one that is wall mounted.
When buying a wall-mounted garage vacuum, hose length matters. A long hose will enable the usefulness of the vacuum to stretch throughout the garage, shop or automobile, hence allowing you to clean even hard-to-reach areas. When looking for a garage vacuum, make sure the hose is at least 30 feet long.
Bag or Bag-Less
Garage vacuums have either a bag that collects the vacuumed dust, dirt and debris or a collection tank of some kind. What type you get comes down to a matter of preference, but keep in mind if you elect to buy a “bagged” vacuum, you will have to keep extra bags on hand for when the current bag becomes full. Also, should your vacuum become outdated, the manufacturer may discontinue the bags you need, making your vacuum useless. This is something you do not have to worry about with a bag-less model.
Finally, all garage vacuums have some type of filtration system, and these filtration systems will vary from one model to the next. Some have self-cleaning filters, some are lifetime filters and others have to be replaced frequently. Before you buy, just make sure you know what kind of filtration system with which your vacuumed is equipped. This way, you will know what to expect.