Are you tired of spending money at your local coffee shop for real French Press coffee? Do you wish there was a way to make a single cup of French press coffee on the go? French press coffee is delicious, and now, with these tremendous single serve French press coffee makers you can have a delicious cup of this homemade brew without ever again having to wait in line at your favorite coffee outlet.
In the following article we have reviewed several of the most popular and best selling single serve French press coffee makers, and highlighted the advantages and drawbacks associated with each model.
We have also included a Single Serve French Press Buying Guide, in which we have outlined and explained some of the factors and characteristics you should definitely consider when purchasing one of these highly coveted kitchen appliances.
French Press Coffee Makers Quick Comparison
No products found.
No products found.
Kona French Press Coffee Maker
The Kona French Press Coffee Maker is one of the best and most popular single serve French press devices on the market today. With the ability to extract all of the essential oils from whole roasted coffee beans, this coffee maker promises a gourmet cup of java that is guaranteed to be a treat for your taste buds and get your morning started off on the right foot.
The one-of-a-kind glass carafe on the Kona French Press Coffee Maker is protected by a uniquely protective and beautifully insulated outer shell. This shell not only defends the body of the machine against chips and cracks to the extra thick borosilicate glass, it is also very aesthetically pleasing—something you will absolutely want to keep on your kitchen counter for the entire world to see.
One of the greatest aspects of the Kona French Press Coffee Maker is the comfortable handle; a handle that is also durable and sturdy while boasting a clever design that allows for free flowing and effortless pouring. The lid of the French press is BPS and BPA-free, and at no time does the plastic lid come in contact with your hot or cold brew during the coffee steeping process. The coffee maker is easy to clean and is entirely dishwasher safe; and its quiet non-electric operation is eco-friendly and much better for the environment as compared to traditional drip coffee makers.
- No Grounds. The Kona French Press Coffee Maker is uniquely designed to extract just the coffee and not the grounds.
- Versatile. This French Press coffee maker can also be used to steep both hot and iced tea as well as many different varieties of coffee.
- Durable. With a tough, insulated carafe, sturdy handle and hard plastic lid, the Kona French Press Coffee Maker is very durable and long lasting.
- Hard to keep contents hot. Some have complained that the glass carafe is not insulated enough to keep the coffee hot for more than 20-30 minutes.
- Can rarely break. Although covered with a unique, rubberized material that resists breaks, the exposed glass portions of the carafe can occasionally chip or crack.
Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker
A name that is highly respected in the coffee industry, the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker is one of the best single serve devices money can buy. What truly sets this French press apart from other similar products is its amazing versatility: Not only can this portable French press brew up an amazing cup of coffee on the go; its carafe doubles as a thermal mug through which you can sip the coffee while protecting the contents with a tight-fitting insulated lid.
The entire coffee making process with the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker takes just four to five minutes of steeping, and because the carafe/mug is portable, you won’t have to wait around for this steeping to take place—just throw the coffee maker in the car and brew as you go.
The lightweight and very convenient design of the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker makes it easy to grab and hold. It is also the ideal size for automobile-based cup holders. Its carafe is made from two stainless steel layers that work in concert to insulate the coffee inside—keeping it hot for up to two or three hours. There are no filters with the Bodum machine, just a handy plunger mechanism that is guaranteed to keep the sediments pressed at the bottom as you drink.
- Convenient. Because the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker doubles as a steeping carafe and a travel mug it is ideal for portability and convenience.
- Great taste. Reviewers are extremely complementary about this French press’ ability to make great tasting coffee.
- Well Insulated. The dual stainless steel walls of the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker make it very well insulated, keeping coffee hot for hours.
- Leaks when placed horizontally. With the Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee Maker you will definitely want to keep the mug in the upright position, as it can leak when placed horizontally.
- Problems with grounds. Although most of the sediment remains at the bottom of the maker where it belongs, the French press process may sometimes cause grounds to find their way into the coffee.
LINKYO Coffee Press
According to customer reviews, the LINKYO Coffee Press is one of the most well-loved French press coffee makers in the industry. Part of the reason for this is the speed and efficiency at which this French press steeps coffee. The plunger process is a very sturdy and durable one, and the stainless steel filters do a great job in ensuring that the sediment is completely separated or filtered from the final product, leaving nothing but piping hot coffee that is ready to enjoy. The whole process, from start to finish, takes just four minutes to complete.
The carafe on the LINKYO Coffee Press is very well insulated. Boasting dual walls of stainless steel and a lid that creates a very tight seal, the coffee in the LINKYO Coffee Press remains hot for hours on end, while staying relatively cool to the touch. The coffee maker is also very aesthetically pleasing, with a classic mirrored design that will match perfectly with any kitchen décor. The LINKYO Coffee Press is designed with a flat lid and elegant handle, also made with stainless steel to complete the mirror-like finish. All parts are dishwasher safe and clean up is a breeze.
- Keeps coffee hot for hours. The all-stainless steel design of the LINKYO Coffee Press translates to a coffee maker that is very well insulated; keeping coffee hot for hours after steeping is complete.
- Reusable Filters. The stainless steel filters on the LINKYO Coffee Press are reusable and do a great job of separating and trapping the sediment from the coffee.
- Durable. With no plastic pieces and just a few moving parts, the LINKYO Coffee Press is very sturdy and durable.
- Annoying noise. The plunger of the LINKYO Coffee Press is said to make an annoying screeching noise as it meets other components of the maker.
- Hard to keep clean. Although the stainless steel, mirrored look of the LINKYO Coffee Press looks great in any kitchen, this can be hard to keep clean from things like fingerprints and smudges.
Single Serve French Press Buying Guide
There are several things to consider before you set out to buy your next single serve French press coffee maker. Some of these include:
The Carafe and Material
The carafe, also known as the body of the French Press, is the vessel in which the coffee will be steeped and the container into which the steeped coffee will be held. The carafe can be made from a variety of materials, such as glass, stainless steel and even plastic. Stainless steel is usually a better material for insulation—for keeping the coffee hot for longer periods of time. Glass is very aesthetically pleasing but not very insulating; and plastic is budget friendly. Keep this information in mind when considering your next French press purchase.
If you want to avoid having coffee grounds in your delicious brew you will need a French press with at least an adequate filtering process. Keep in mind that some of the higher end French press machines have a dual-filtering system, with an extra filter to catch those grounds that might have escaped the first filter.
The lid is an important feature on any French press coffee maker. Not only can a well-fitting brewing lid help keep the coffee hot and insulated after the steeping process is concluded; a good lid can also prevent spills when you take your single serve French press on the go.
Single serve French press makers come in a variety of styles. Some are rounded to resemble tea kettles while others look just like a standard mug. Before purchasing your next French press, look around until you find one that meets your needs in terms of style.
If you want to brew on the run, look for a French press that doubles as a travel mug. These are available in a variety of styles and price ranges and can save you a lot of time in the morning.
If you enjoy drinking an ultra-fresh, piping hot cup of delicious java that steeps in less than 5 minutes you are the perfect candidate for a single serve French press coffee maker; and the preceding information can help you pick out the perfect model for your particular needs and preferences.