Do you regularly toss and turn on your bed, always looking for a cool and comfortable position in which to sleep? If so, the following information may just help you find a solution.
Below we have reviewed several of the most popular and best-selling cooling mattress pads currently available on the market today and highlighted the benefits and drawbacks associated with each product. We have also compiled a Cooling Mattress Pad Buying Guide, in which we will outline the various things to look for when shopping for one of these comfortable items.
- What Are The Best Cooling Mattress Pads in 2018 – 2019?
- 1. Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper
- 2. Dreamfoam Bedding Queen Size 2-Inch Memory Foam Gel Mattress Topper
- 3. Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Cooling Mattress Pad Buyers Guide
What Are The Best Cooling Mattress Pads in 2018 – 2019?
Last update on 2020-12-02 at 04:32 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper
Manufactured with only the highest-quality materials, the Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper combines comfort and durability you can count on. The mattress topper is stitched with a double-needle baffle box to keep the fill of the pad balanced and in place; and the incredibly soft blend of microfiber and natural rayon—derived from actual bamboo—does wonders for regulating body temperature and prevents heat from becoming trapped between your body and the mattress.
While amazingly cool, the Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper is also very soft and comfortable. That’s because it is literally stuffed to the brim with premium hypoallergenic down alternative fibers that create a cloud-like sleeping surface you have to experience to truly appreciate. The entire mattress topper is 100 percent machine washable, which means you won’t have to spend hundreds of dollars at your local dry cleaner—just wash in cold water, tumble dry and the pad is clean and ready to keep you cool and comfortable.
The Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee; if for any reason you are not completely happy with this product, just send it back for a full, no-questions-asked refund.
- Very durable. The Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper features a 160 thread count and double needle baffle box stitching for the best in durability.
- Hypoallergenic. As with many of the cooling mattress pads on the market today, this product is completely hypoallergenic, making it perfect for those with pesky allergies.
- Bamboo. The natural rayon in the Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper is made of genuine bamboo products, which are known for their cooling properties.
- Premium Priced. Although worth every penny, the Mandarin Home Collection Ultra Plush Bamboo Mattress Topper may not be the best pad for the budget conscious.
- Comparatively Heavy. Although the weight of this topper does help it to stay in place, it can be a bit heavy when moving it from the dryer to the bed after washing.
2. Dreamfoam Bedding Queen Size 2-Inch Memory Foam Gel Mattress Topper
Those looking for the coolest night’s sleep they have ever experienced will simply fall in love with the Dreamfoam Bedding Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper. Two inches thick and filled with gel-infused memory foam, the mattress pad helps to reduce pressure points while you sleep while also creating an environment in which the heat from your body and the bed are dissipated, creating a cool and comfortable sleeping experience. With the supportive gel memory foam, those nights of tossing and turning can be behind you forever, as ever part of your body will be continuously supported throughout the night.
Manufactured in accordance with the CertiPur-US program, the Dreamfoam Bedding Sleep Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is hypoallergenic and made entirely in the USA. Its composition makes it much more breathable and odorless than other mattress pads, allowing it to dissipate moisture three times faster than other foam toppers. Once placed over your mattress, the 2-inch thick gel infused mattress topper is sized one inch shorter on all sides, which helps to accommodate the sung placement of all standard sheets.
- Eco-Friendly. The Dreamfoam Bedding Sleep Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is made with only the finest earth-friendly materials.
- Relieves pressure points. The memory foam in this pad helps to relieve pressure points and reshapes itself to distribute your body weight evenly.
- Mite and Dust Resistant. The materials used to make the Dreamfoam Bedding Sleep Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper are mite and dust resistant.
- May be too firm for some users. The Dreamfoam Bedding Sleep Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper may be too firm for sleepers who like a very soft sleeping surface.
- Rare problems with tearing. According to a few users, the stitching on the Dreamfoam Bedding Sleep Queen Size 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper may lend itself to tearing prematurely.
3. Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The two-inch gel memory foam in the Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper will give you the comfortable and cool night’s sleep you deserve. The pad’s patented memory foam design will help to relieve those problematic pressure points as you sleep, while also relaxing your muscles, aligning your spine and minimizing motion transfer to prevent you from waking when your sleeping partner—or pets—move about during the night.
The open cell structure design of the Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper includes an innovative gel mixture that helps to prevent the accumulation of heat, thus providing you with a much cooler sleep experience than you ever dreamed possible. The pad offers the ideal level of medium range softness and support to your existing mattress; and every topper made by Advanced Sleep Solutions is manufactured in accordance with the US CertiPur regulations, which means the topper is designed with no ozone depleting agents, formaldehydes, mercury, lead or any other potentially harmful substances.
Made in the USA, the Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper comes with a 60-day, no questions-asked satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Waterproof. The Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper is 100 percent waterproof.
- Great heat regulation. The regulation of heat you will get with this foam mattress topper is superior to that of other similar products.
- Noiseless. Unlike some foam pads, the Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper is completely noiseless, leading to a quiet, undisturbed sleep.
- Shorter Warranty–Comparatively. While the other products on our list boast a five year warranty, the warranty for this product is only three years.
- Slipping Sheets. According to at least one reviewer, the sheets on your bed will have a tendency to slip when trying to fit them over the Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper.
Cooling Mattress Pad Buyers Guide
When you set out to purchase your next mattress pad or mattress topper—one designed to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night—there are several characteristics to look for and a few factors to consider. Here are just a few of those considerations:
Material Used to Make/Fill the Mattress Pad
Mattress pads, also known as mattress toppers, are made using a variety of materials. In fact, the “material” of your new mattress pad is the most important consideration. Each of these materials has their own share of pros and cons, so in the end it is really a matter of preference over quality. Here are just some of the materials from which cooling mattress pads are made today:
Memory foam is great because it contours to your body and helps to relieve pressure points that are often caused by some mattresses. However, memory foam that is non-ventilated has a tendency to trap heat and become very hot. For this reason, if you go with a memory foam topper, be sure to get one that is gel-infused to help keep you cool.
Feather or down mattress toppers are very cool, soft and comfortable, but they do have some drawbacks, too. For instance, they can be very lumpy in spots and they do not offer the pressure point relief you can expect from memory foam. Also, for those with allergies, this type of pad is not recommended.
Soft fiber mattress pads can mimic the softness and luxuriousness of down or feathers, while still being hypoallergenic and suitable for those with allergies. These types of pads, however, are not very cooling or supportive.
This is an incredible material for all seasons, one that will keep you cool in warm months and warm in cold seasons. It’s extremely durable and relatively affordable, but it can be difficult to get it to stay in place on top of a mattress.
Organic substances, like the “bamboo” topper we reviewed above, can be very, very cool and perfect for those who “sleep hot” during the night. They are usually very hypoallergenic, but they are not typically as soft as memory foam, down or fiber-filled mattress toppers.
Many manufacturers market their mattress pads as “cooling,” but you need to ask some questions before buying one, most notably, “How is the mattress pad actually cooled?”
When it comes to mattress pads—or even mattresses for that matter—there are two general ways in which they are cooled: active cooling and passive cooling.
Pads and mattresses that are actively cooled usually have some type of accessory that is either powered electrically or via some imbedded cooling tubes filled with liquid. These work great to keep the sleeping surface cool, but they can be very expensive and may require extra electricity to keep them working.
Passively cooled mattresses are cooled by the material within the mattress, such as in the case of gel-infused foam mattress pads or bamboo toppers. These are known to keep beds almost equally cool, without the exorbitant price, installation and problems with breakdowns.
The density of a mattress pad can have either a positive or negative effect on the manner in which that pad keeps you cool at night. Very dense mattress pads tend to trap heat, but they are also much more supportive and firm than other mattress toppers. Pads that are less dense are known to be very soft and cooler than their denser counterparts, but they provide little to no support. For the best of both worlds, you may want to go with a medium density pad for both comfort and support—perhaps something that is gel-infused to help keep the bed cool at night.
Mattress pads come in a variety of sizes, from twin to full to queen to king. They also come in a variety of thicknesses, ranging from 1 inch all the way up to 6 inches. Keep in mind that while a thicker mattress pad is probably more supportive, there is no guarantee it will also be cooler and more comfortable.
If possible, try to look for a cooling mattress pad that is machine washable. The costs of having to take a mattress pad/topper to the dry cleaner every month or so can really add up over the life of the pad.
Last but not least, a hypoallergenic mattress is a must for anyone dealing with allergies. These mattresses help to resist dust and mites that can lead to a whole range of respiratory issues.