If you’re looking for a bidet toilet seat to help get you much cleaner after using the restroom you will quickly discover that these seats come in many different varieties, with a wealth of different functions.
Here we have reviewed several of the most popular and hottest selling bidet toilet seats currently on the market, highlighting the pros and cons associated with each model.
We have also compiled a Bidet Toilet Buying Guide, in which we will discuss the various features and functions with which some of these items come equipped, all to help you make more a more informed and educated purchasing decision.
- What Are The Best Bidet Toilets in 2018-2019?
- 1. TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit
- 2. KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Intelligent Skirted Elongated Dual Flush Toilet
- 3. Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet
- Bidet Toilet Buying Guide
What Are The Best Bidet Toilets in 2018-2019?
Last update on 2019-12-06 at 02:21 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
1. TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit
With an integrated washer feature in the front and rear, nothing gets you cleaner than the TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit. Add to that the automatic dryer and deodorizer and you have the type of clean that some can only dream about. The TOTO toilet seat has a patented SanaGloss function and a super smooth, ion barrier that glazes and cleans your toilet bowl with every flush.
The lid on the TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit—the Cadillac of bidet toilet seats—automatically opens and closes thanks to an intuitive sensor that can sense your presence in the room, and the toilet flushes automatically thanks to another sensor. The seat can be heated with an integrated temperature control, and it comes in various sizes and thicknesses.
- Heated seat. The heated seat on the TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit is perfect for those cold mornings.
- Automatic Lid. With its automatic lid, you will never have to worry about bending down and touching the lid of your toilet.
- Integrated sensors. The integrated sensors can automatically flush and clean your toilet after every use.
- Premium priced. The TOTO MS990CGR-12 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit is not for the budget conscious consumer.
- Can be loud. The built in fan makes the toilet fairly noisy.
2. KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Intelligent Skirted Elongated Dual Flush Toilet
The KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Intelligent Skirted Elongated Dual Flush Toilet Seat is a very compact and streamlined unit with integrated cleansing. The elongated bowl of the toilet offers added room and comfort and includes a heated seat with adjustable temperature settings, usually up to 80 degrees F.
The dual flush settings offer a low flow flush in addition to a powerful flush; and the stainless steel bidet wand offers sprays of adjustable shapes and positions, with adjustable water pressure and temperature settings.
- Compact design. The compact design of the Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet saves space in your bathroom.
- Dual Flush. With two different flush settings, the KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Intelligent Skirted Elongated Dual Flush Toilet Seat has a low flush option.
- Adjustable wand. The adjustable bidet wand allows you to shape and determine the pressure and temperature of the water, making for a much more convenient and user friendly experience.
- Requires a direct water connection. The KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Intelligent Skirted Elongated Dual Flush Toilet Seat requires a direct water connection to operate effectively.
3. Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet
With its dual max flushing system, users of the Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet can adjust their flush capacity from low to high. The front and rear warm water washing has adjustable temperature and pressure controls; and the remote control operation can automatically open and close the lid as well as flush the toilet.
The toilet boasts a sleek, low-profile skirted one piece elongated front bowl; and the automatic room deodorizer keeps your bathroom smelling fresh.
- Room deodorizer. The room deodorizer is a great way to keep your bathroom smelling clean and sanitized.
- Dual Flush. The dual flush on the Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet allows you to control the water capacity with every flush.
- Kinks in design. According to some users, the design of this product leaves something to be desired.
- Low profile. The Toto MS970CEMFG#12 1.28-GPF/0.9-GPF Washlet with Integrated Toilet sits very low to the ground.
Bidet Toilet Buying Guide
If you’ve made up your mind to purchase a bidet toilet seat, there are several factors and characteristics you should consider before making a rash purchase. To help you select just the right bidet toilet seat for your home or office, below we will discuss some of those considerations in greater detail.
Does Your Bidet Toilet Require Electric?
When buying most items and fixtures for your bathroom, you typically only need to think about plumbing—will the pipes match up, etc. However, with a bidet toilet seat you need to discover whether or not the seat requires electricity to operate. Some do not, but with those that do they typically require at least 120 volts of electricity.
So why does this matter? Well, you will need to decide whether you can use an existing outlet in your bathroom or whether you need to upgrade an outlet in some way. Of course, depending on the layout of your bathroom you may even have to install a new outlet to ensure everything fits as it should.
Thus, when talking with the sales person, be sure to ask about any electric requirements and also speak about these requirements with the individual who will install your new toilet seat, if someone other than you.
The Bidet Toilet Seat Wand
The wand on your new bidet toilet seat is perhaps its most important feature. This apparatus helps you direct where the flow of water will go to enable you to feel as clean and fresh as possible. But some bidet toilet seat wands can do much more than merely direct the flow of water. Some of these functions include:
- Adjust the pressure. Some bidet toilet seat wands allow you to adjust the overall water pressure that is delivered. This can be very convenient in certain situations.
- Adjust water temperature. Wands that can adjust the water temperature are highly sought after. Nobody wants a spray of cold water on those cold winter evenings, and with one of these types of wands you will never have to experience that.
- Location and width. Some bidet toilet seats enable you to adjust the location of the nozzle and the width of your spray. The location feature assists you in targeting just the right areas, and a wider spray can bring more water to the areas that need it most.
Heated Toilet Seat
If you want, you can purchase a bidet toilet seat with a heated seat. Heated seats enable you to warm the sitting surface during certain seasons and on cold evenings. Many of the best seats have a range of temperatures you can choose from, usually going up to about 75 degrees for maximum comfort.
Air Dry Function
If you want to dry the cleaned area with something other than toilet paper, you can always select a bidet toilet seat with an air dry function. Delivered through a separate wand underneath the toilet seat, the air dry function can help dry the cleaned area faster without wasting toilet paper. Users can adjust the pressure and temperature of the air flow, usually up to 120 degrees F for maximum, rapid drying.
Automatic Flush Function
If you have children in the family who often forget to flush after doing their business, you can also opt for a bidet toilet seat with an automatic flush function. With this function, a sensor can automatically detect when you stand up and move away from the toilet, delivering a powerful flush that will not leave any remnants or reminders of previous use.
Automatic Lid (Up and Down)
Tired of reaching down to lift or lower the lid? Does your wife always nag at you for leaving the toilet seat up? Well, those worries can be gone with an automatic up-down function on your lid. Whether through a conveniently placed button or lever or again through sensors, this feature can be very convenient and save you from the hassle of bending down and having to touch the toilet seat with your hands and incur the germs thereon.
Believe it or not, some bidet toilet seats even have an automatic cleaning function, keeping your bowl sparkling clean even under heavy use. With this function, a hose delivers a special cleaning fluid to the water every time the toilet is flushed—a fluid that sanitizes and cleans the entire bowl.
Room Deodorizer Function
Finally, to keep your bathroom smelling like a pine forest or a flowery meadow, you can always buy a bidet toilet seat that automatically delivers a room deodorizer after every time the toilet is used. Built into the hardware of the toilet is a spot where you can continuously keep your toilet seat filled with room deodorizer. This is the easiest and best way to keep your bathroom smelling fresh and clean.