If you enjoy making delicious fruit-based smoothies but hate the idea of having to lug out and ultimately clean your full-size blender or food processor you are simply going to love these single serve blenders.
Despite their small size, these blenders collectively boast more than enough power to create scrumptious smoothies for one in just a fraction of the time of a full-size blender. To help you select the perfect single serve blender for your needs, below we have reviewed several of the most popular and best-selling models currently on the market, and highlighted the advantages and drawbacks associated with each model.
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 16:01 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
We have also included a Single Serve Blender Buying Guide, in which we will show you some of the things to look for when purchasing one of these items.
Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender with Travel Lid
The Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender with Travel Lid is a great single serve blender that is perfect for making smoothies, shakes and a variety of icy drinks.
The 14 ounce jar in which the magic takes place in this blender is portable and includes a convenient travel lid—just blend your favorite drink, take the jar off the base and hit the road. The tight-fitting lid is virtually spill-proof, and the jar size is perfect for a smoothie or shake for one.
The Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender with Travel Lid boasts tough and durable stainless steel blades and a reasonably powerful 175-watt motor. Its one-touch blending makes it very easy to operate, and its compact design allows for easy storage and portability.
- Budget Friendly. If you are merely looking for a great blender for making smoothies, shakes and other iced drinks, the Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender with Travel Lid is a very budget-friendly option.
- Easy Storage. The jar of this blender can be stored upside down on any shelf or countertop, and the cord conveniently wraps around the base.
- Very Portable. The blending jar of the Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender doubles as a drinking cup, and the tight-fitting travel lid allows you to blend and go in a hurry.
- Motor not as powerful as other models. The 175-watt motor on the Hamilton Beach Bullet Blender with Travel Lid is not as powerful as some of the other motors on other similar products.
- Only 14 ounces. With only a 14-ounce jar, the blender only has enough capacity to make a single-serving.
Magic Bullet Blender
As seen on television, the Magic Bullet Blender is one of the most versatile and powerful single serve blenders on our list.
This one little compact product is designed to do the work of several other bulky and expensive kitchen appliances, such as blenders and food processors, and best of all, it makes a great-tasting smoothie in just a fraction of the time of a full-size blender.
A product that you will probably use several times a day, the Magic Bullet Blender is an amazing time-saving device with a lot of different functions. In addition to making awesome smoothies, shakes, cocktails and more, the blender has chopping and mixing functions that allow it to create things like salsa, guacamole, and bean dip in a snap. Just add all the required ingredients into the compact 12-ounce cup, hit the one-touch button, and in seconds you can make almost any blended concoction you can think of.
The Magic Bullet Blender also comes with an 18 ounce cup that doubles as a drinking mug, making it the perfect blender for a wide variety of drinks. Its commanding motor gives it twice the blending, chopping and mixing power of other single serve blenders, and its Cyclonic Cutting Zone Process makes it one of the most innovative products of its kind.
- Powerful. The “Cyclonic Cutting Zone Process” of the Magic Bullet Blender creates a powerful vortex in which the tough blades and tight-fitting cup work together to pulverize, mix, and blend ingredients in just a matter of seconds.
- Versatile. The Magic Bullet Blender is much more than just a smoothie maker—it’s a product that make salsas, dips, cocktails and even great tasting guacamole.
- Budget-friendly. Given its power and versatility, the Magic Bullet Blender is a superb product for the money.
- Small Cup Size. Although the 18-ounce cup in which to make smoothies is more than large enough, the blender works much better with the smaller 12-ounce cup with which it is equipped.
- Does not live up to its billing. According to some users and reviewers, the Magic Bullet Blender does not live up to its over-the-top billing, producing results that are sub-par compared to similarly priced models.
Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender
There are lots of features to love when it comes to the Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender—one of the best blenders of its kind.
Some of these features include a powerful 350-watt motor, high and low pulse controls, a sleek electronic pad with LED indicator lights for easy use, and a standby mode with safety interlock and auto stop features to prevent accidents and injury. The durable stainless steel blades work in concert with the large 32 ounce blending jar to create the best smoothies, shakes, cocktails, and other iced drinks, and the four 16 ounce travel cups are a great bonus.
The Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender has two sets of super-sharp interchangeable blades—one for blending and one for chopping—making it very versatile. It is completely dishwasher safe, comes with an extended three-year warranty and even includes a recipe book that will allow you try out several different frozen concoctions and blends.
- Large Blending Jar. The 32-ounce blending jar on the Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender is much larger than that of other single serve blenders.
- Great Warranty. Instead of the one-year warranty boasted by the other two products on our list, the manufacturer of this blender offers a three-year warranty, which shows confidence in the blender.
- Powerful. The 350-watt motor on the Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender is very powerful and allows the blender to mix ingredients quickly.
- No automatic programs. According to some reviewers, the Cuisinart CPB-300 Single Serve Blender falls short when it comes to automatic programs.
- Can leave unblended ingredients. Some have complained that this blender can leave some ingredients unblended, leading to a lumpy smoothie.
Single Serve Blender Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Quality Single Serve Blender
There are dozens of single serve blenders on the market today, but not all blenders are equal in terms of quality and features. To help you select just the right single serve blender for your needs, below we have highlighted some of the things to look for when purchasing one of these items, and some questions to answer before making your selection.
According to Consumer Reports, many of the single serve blenders on the market today failed multiple tests because of loose-fitting lids. A loose-fitting lid can cause splatter when the blender is in operation, leading to a loss of ingredients and a big mess to clean up. Therefore, be sure to do your research and select a blender whose lid is very tight-fitting and secure.
Single serve blenders boast jar sizes anywhere between 12 ounces and 32 ounces. Because of this, you should consider just how you plan to use your new blender and the size that best fits your needs.
Single serve blenders that include a pour spout make it easy to transfer the smoothie or other blended concoction into your favorite drinking glass.
Be sure to select a single serve blender with a stable base. Blenders whose bases are not stable will most likely not run at peak efficiency, which in turn can mean more time to blend your favorite drink.
According to Consumer Reports, some single serve blenders require hand washing, which not only means more time and work when it comes time to clean your blender, but can also lead to cuts from the sharp blades of the blender. Hence, you should definitely look for a blender that is dishwasher safe.
If you are buying a single serve blender for the sole purpose of making smoothies, you can probably get away with a lower priced model that has but a few settings. However, if you want to make other types of drinks, such as cocktails, shakes, etc—and if you want a blender that can perform many different functions, such as chop, mix, puree, etc., you will definitely want to steer towards some of the more high-quality blenders—blenders that may have a higher price tag but are definitely worth the extra bucks.
A good warranty is a sign that the manufacturer takes pride in their product and believes it will last a good long time. Single serve blenders are items that you will probably use very frequently, and as such, they take a pretty heavy beating over the course of their life cycle. When shopping for a single serve blender just to make smoothies, you will want to ensure that the product has at least a one year warranty. However, when buying a more versatile, heavy-duty single serve blender, we recommend you look for an extended warranty of at least three years.