Do you have a sleeping partner that is keeping you up nights with his or her bear-like snoring? If so, you may be able to benefit from one of the ear plug packages described in the article below.
Here we have reviewed four of the top-selling ear plug products currently available for purchase, complete with some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with each product. We have also provided an ear plug buying guide that will help you understand exactly what to look for when shopping.
|Mack's Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs, 50 Pair - 32dB Highest NRR, Comfortable Ear Plugs for Sleeping,...||$10.79 $8.49||Buy on Amazon|
|EarJoy Noise cancelling ear plugs With Aluminum Carry Case||$13.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Noise Cancelling Ear Plugs (3 Pairs) + Two Carry Cases– Super Comfortable High Fidelity Ear Plugs...||Currently not available||Buy on Amazon|
|Deliyee Soft in Foam Ear Plugs, 25 Pairs Best Noise Cancelling Earplugs & Mini Carrying Case Set:...||$13.99||Buy on Amazon|
|AMAZKER Ear Plugs Anti-Noise Soft Quiet Sleeping Earplugs With Aluminum Carry Case No Cords...||$16.29||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2018-06-21 at 12:40 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
The noise cancelling ear plugs from Earjoy are some of the most highly-rated and cost-friendly ear plugs on the market today.
Guaranteed to fit snugly into any ear canal, these ear plugs boast a flexible silicone base. Whether you plan to wear your ear plugs for a short nap on a plane, train, bus or automobile, or for extended periods of sleep, the Earjoy ear plugs never cause any pain or irritation.
The ear plugs are perfect for blocking out medium to high level noises, making even the loudest of environments friendly to your ears. This package includes 3 pairs of reusable ear plugs, each with a different purpose.
The first pair is designed to block out noises like snoring, outdoor work equipment, appliances, etc. while you sleep, making every night’s (or day’s) sleep as quiet as can be. The second pair is designed to protect your ears from water, making them perfect for swimming or when taking a bath. And the third pair helps block out ambient noise at places like concerts and even at work, enabling you to concentrate on the job at hand without a bunch of unnecessary distractions.
Made by the Woowexx Corporation, these great noise canceling ear plugs include a convenience package that includes cords and a handy carrying case.
To go along with these two cords are two sets of ear bud-style ear plugs, both of which are reusable. Made from silicone, the Woowexx ear plugs are multi-functional: they help block out nearby and faraway sounds when sleeping, such as snoring and construction machinery and they help keep the ears protected against dust, debris and water, when swimming or bathing.
Billed to be “no-itch” “allergy safe” ear plugs, these offerings from Woowexx are also great for travel—especially airplane travel, concerts and for workers who regularly use loud machinery and tools. The ear plugs are triple-flanged for user comfort, and the cord and carrying case make it easy to keep track of the ear plugs throughout the day.
Woowexx offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee—if you are not satisfied with the product you can return the ear plugs and accessories for a full, no-questions-asked refund.
The ALMA noise reduction ear plugs package includes two pairs of “25 decibel” ear plugs.
The ear plugs are a must for those coping with a noisy, snoring sleeping partner, as they are ideal for blocking out medium noise levels and for muffling louder sounds—such as those produced by trains, airplanes and noisy lawnmowers and weed trimmers.
The ALMA noise reduction ear plugs also work great for musicians. They allow them to play and enjoy live music Hi-Fi audio at safe levels, while blocking out high decibel portions that can damage the ear. The ear plugs are hypoallergenic and non-toxic, made from the highest grade medical silicone.
They are very comfortable to wear and easy to clean. Users can preserve this cleanliness by storing their ear bud-style ear plugs in the included premium aluminum case—a portable case that is water resistant and attaches to a keychain for the user’s convenience.
***ALMA noise reduction ear plugs is currently unavailable online so you may want to check Mack’s Ulta Soft Earplugs instead as it is also one of our to faves.***
The Deliyee Soft Foam Ear Plugs are a great option for blocking out unwanted sounds while you sleep, making it possible to get a full and uninterrupted night of rest in a near silent and undisturbed environment.
These Deliyee foam ear plugs are perhaps the best value on our list, especially when you consider that the kit includes 25 pairs of single-use ear plugs. Perfect for those who dislike the idea of having to clean their ear plugs between each use, we highly recommend them for anyone on the go and for anyone who must regularly deal with harmful noise that can be potentially damaging to the ear.
The Deliyee Soft Foam Ear Plugs have the highest possible noise reduction rating (NRR) of 33, a figure that suggests they can block out all manner of medium to high decibel noises while sleeping. Measuring three millimeters in length, and made from soft foam, they are easy and comfortable to insert into the ear, and once they expand they become very effective sleeping aids.
People will experience little to no irritation with the Deliyee ear plugs; and the handy bedside jar and convenient pocket carrying case means users can consistently keep these ear plugs clean and ready to use.
Noise Cancelling Ear Plugs: Buying Guide
When shopping for ear plugs, there are several things you should look for/inspect before ultimately making a purchase decision. Below are just a few factors/characteristics to consider:
1. Fit. When it comes to ear plugs, the phrase “one size fits all” is not very accurate. While foam ear plugs can generally expand or contract to offer a good fit in most ears, some of the other styles, which can be quite narrow, can fall out or wedge themselves loose during sleep.
2. Material. Ear plugs are typically made from foam or silicone. And while both can offer benefits in noise reduction, you should try out both styles before making your final purchase.
3. Noise Reduction versus Noise Cancelling. There are essentially two types of ear plugs marketed today: noise reduction and noise cancelling ear plugs. Noise reduction ear plugs will merely muffle outside noises, while noise cancelling ear plugs are suppose to block out all unwanted sounds.
4. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR). Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is a unit of measurement used to determine the effectiveness of hearing protection devices to decrease sound exposure within a given working environment. This rating represents the potential to reduce noise in decibels (dB). Ear plug ratings will typically have a NRR between 22 and 33, with 33 representing the best noise blocking capability.
5. Hypoallergenic. Those who have problems with skin allergies and irritation should definitely look for an ear plug product that is completely hypoallergenic.
6. Reusable vs. Single-Use. Silicone ear plugs are generally reusable, but they do have to be cleaned regularly. Foam ear plugs are generally intended for a single use, as they tend to lose their shape once used.
7. Cords/Carrying Case. Some ear plugs come complete with a cord that will protect them from falling or getting lost. You may also want to consider a package with a pocket or keychain-based carrying case for easy storage and transportation.