You’re trying to grow a garden, or just let your dogs out at night without a fuss, but animals are are running all over your yard. You’ll need a motion-activated sprinkler to deter cats, deer, and other animals from eating your plants, and making your yard their territory.
- How do you choose the right kind of motion-activated sprinkler?
- Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler
- Best Motion-Activated Sprinkler to Repel Deer:
- Best Cat Deterrent Sprinkler
How do you choose the right kind of motion-activated sprinkler?
When choosing the right sprinkler for your yard, you must first decide what kind of animal you’re trying to scare out of your yard. There are different types of sprinklers, but the most prominent type of motion activated sprinkler is the scarecrow sprinkler, which can be adjusted to scare off even the most stubborn of animals.
Some sprinklers are too sensitive to scare off larger predators, such as deer or raccoons, while others can be modified to change their sensitivity and height. It is important to know that if you set your sprinkler to ignore smaller animals, you may scare off the deer—but let smaller animals run rampant in your yard.
We’ve gone through and checked out the best 8 motion-activated sprinklers to deter pests—like cats, raccoons, and deer—from your yard.
Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler
Scarecrow sprinklers are some of the most common motion-activated sprinklers on the market. These sprinklers can be modified to target both large or small pests, and must be connected to a hose.
ELENKER Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler-Defends from small and large animals
The Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler lives up to its name by scaring away pests of all shapes and sizes. Are you fighting with pests, such as deer, raccoons, cats, skunks, squirrels, and rabbits? The Scarecrow can be modified to repel all of these pests for up to six months on a single 9-volt battery.
- Harmless burst of water deters animals
- Easy set-up
- Hooks up to garden hose in seconds
- Works 24/7 for 6 months on a single 9-volt battery
- Protects up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- Motion activation is very sensitive
- Can leak from the hose to the sprinkler if not connected properly
Orbit Yard Enforcer- Defend a larger yard or pond
Combine water and motion to scare off the worst of pests with the Orbit Yard Enforcer! With day or night mode, this motion-activated sprinkler can be set to deter a variety of pests, including cats, squirrels, herons, and birds on the daytime setting, and deer, dogs, cats, skunks, rabbits, and raccoons on the nighttime setting. Customize your protection with the Orbit Yard Enforcer!
- Customizable day and night modes
- Expandable spray zone
- Protects up to 1600 sq. ft.
- Adjustable line of sight
- Battery life is up to 7,500 on and off cycles
- Can only run for a maximum of 10 seconds per blast
- If approached from behind, the unit does not go off
Hoont Water Jet Blaster- Easy set-up out of the box
The powerful and effective Hoont Water Jet Blaster scares away animals of all shapes and sizes, such as cats, dogs, squirrels, skunks, deer, birds, and more! With low water consumption, this motion-activated sprinkler will keep your energy bills low and your garden or yard safe and sound from wild pests!
- Sprays animals with a blast of water for 5 seconds
- Easy setup
- Clicking noise to frighten animals as well as water
- Safe for both humans and pets
- Can sweep in 360 degree area
- Only sprays up to 30 ft. away
- Does not have day or night settings
DIGOO 2-in-1 Water Sprinkler-Sprinkler and animal repellant
The DIGOO 2-in-1 Water Sprinkler packs both sound and water to scare pesky pests out of your garden, yard, or near your pond! With adjustable sensitivity from 3 to 30 feet away, the DIGOO is perfect for all garden or year sizes. Doubling as a sprinkler and animal repellant, the DIGOO is the perfect addition to any garden!
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Works as sprinkler or repellant
- Solar power with rechargeable battery
- Safe for humans and pets
- 360 degree spray
- Plastic parts
- Not effective on larger animals
Best Motion-Activated Sprinkler to Repel Deer:
Orbit Garden Enforcer-For larger animals
The Orbit Garden Enforcer keeps those plant-munching, pesky deer out of your yard with ease. The adjustable stand can be modified to hit deer higher on their body, which is more effective than smaller, shorter motion-activated sprinklers. The 120-degree sensor has both night and day modes with smart sensing technology to conserve your water and battery life.
- Perfect for deer and larger animals
- 120-degree sensor
- Over 7,500 activation cycles per battery
- Covers up to 35 feet
- Stable metal tripod hits deer and grows with plants
- Water connector is prone to leaks
- The lowest setting is still very sensitive
Orbit Pest Deterrent Sprinkler 60
Keep those pesky deer out of your garden with the Orbit Pest Deterrent Sprinkler 60’. With a study metal spike and 120-degree sensor, the Orbit Pest Deterrent Sprinkler 60’ is the perfect addition to any garden, yard, or pond area. The sensor can be pointed upwards to ward off deer and larger prey, or pointed down to pick up the movements of cats, squirrels, raccoons, or other yard invaders.
- 120-degree sensor
- Sturdy metal spike
- Over 7,500 activation cycles per 9-volt battery
- Perfect for deer and larger prey
- Both night and day modes can be adjusted to fit the needs of your garden
- Does not swivel for 360-degree motion
- Exposed wire can be damaged by animals
Best Cat Deterrent Sprinkler
Orbit Green Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler-Optimum battery and water conservation
The Orbit Green Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler is the perfect height to get pesky cats, raccoons, or squirrels out of your yard. With a 120-degree sensor, this sprinkler swivels, covering a 360-degree radius of your yard, day and night! With three modes—day, night, or always on—the Orbit Green Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler keeps your yard looking, well, green!
- 120-degree sensor with swivel action
- Intelligent sensing technology (water and battery saving)
- Over 7,500 activation cycles with 4 AA batteries
- Industrial brass coupling
- Three modes: day, night, and always on to fit your garden’s needs
- Cannot be adjusted to protect your yard from larger prey
- Plastic parts
Hoont Cobra- Low Water Consumption
The Hoont Cobra is a low-to-the-ground motion activated sprinkler that is at the perfect height for blasting cats off your property. The 360 degree swivel ensures that your yard or garden is cat free—mainly due to the jet blast of water repelling pests from your lawn. The low water consumption of the Hoont Cobra perfect for those who want to go green, while the battery is located in an easy to access area for those who don’t want a fussy sprinkler.
- Humane and safe for your pets and children
- Low price point
- Sturdy and well-made
- Detects motion up to 50 feet away
- Sensor is very sensitive
- Cannot turn off sensor
- Doesn’t work too well with quick animals like rabbits
Picking the best motion-activated sprinkler for your yard or garden can be a difficult task, so we’ve narrowed it down for you!
- The Orbit Yard Enforcer is an unsurpassed scarecrow sprinkler. Able to be adjusted to deter all kinds of pests, the Orbit Yard Enforcer Protects up to 1600 sq. ft. with an adjustable line of sight, and has a 7,500-activation-cycle battery! Keep your water and battery consumption low, and the quality of your yard, garden, or pond high with the Orbit Yard Enforcer!
- The Orbit Garden Enforcer is the best motion-activated sprinkler to deter deer from eating your plants, or running amuck in your yard. The 120-degree sensor has three modes—day, night, and always on—to fit the needs of every garden.
- The Hoont Cobra is the perfect motion-activated sprinkler to keep cats out of your yard. The low price point, and low-to-the-ground sprinkler picks up day and night pests who are terrorizing your yard or garden.
Whether you’re fighting with larger pests, such as heron and deer, or wrestling with keeping those smaller critters out of your yard or garden, a motion-activated sprinkler will turn your yard from a war zone into a perfectly protected sanctuary. Consider a scarecrow sprinkler to combat pests of all shapes and sizes, and cat-deterrent or deer-deterrent sprinklers to tackle specific vermin that are ruining your yard or garden.
No matter which sprinkler you choose, prepare to take back your space, and get rid of nuisances in a safe and humane way—by just a spurt of water and a flashing light!