Indoor LED grow lights are great for starting seeds (germinating) and growing a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs and more. These indoor LED grow lights come in a variety of shapes, sizes and strengths and boast a myriad of great features and functions that will make you feel like a master gardener.
If you intend to purchase the best led grow lights for tomatoes, microgreens, herbs, vegetables and weed, the following article may be very useful to you. Here we have reviewed several of the most popular and highly rated LED indoor grow lights, and highlighted the advantages and drawbacks associated with each product.
We have additionally included a Buyer’s Guide for these LED indoor grow lights, in which we will outline the various factors you should consider before deciding on a lighting solution for your indoor garden.
Last update on 2021-02-26 at 18:35 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light
The KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light is much brighter and more efficient than traditional 3 watt and 5 watt LED lights, and is scientifically engineered to maintain the balance of the PAR/Lumen output and coverage.
Compared to traditional lighting systems, this grow light is very easy on energy, consuming just 185 Watts of power and saving the customer loads of money over the long term.
The KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light includes the full spectrum of light, including blue, red, yellow and white, which can help plants develop at various stages of their growth cycle. Its efficient cooling system leads to great heat dissipation, and every LED light has its own resistance to keep them working separately. The product comes with a 3 year warranty against defects or outages, and the company’s customer service is very highly rated.
- 10W Double Chips. With its 10W double chips that offer superior performance, the KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light beats 3 Watt and 5 Watt bulbs hands down, and that will show in your plant’s growth.
- Durable. Due to the superior cooling and amazing heat dissipation offered by this LED grow light—and the fact that every LED has its own resistance—these lights are able to last for a very long time.
- Versatile. The KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light works well with a variety of plant types.
- More for more plants. If you plan to grow more than 2-3 plants with the KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light, you will need to buy additional units.
- Not great for big rooms. The KingLED King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light works better in smaller spaces.
Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light
The unique design of the Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light, which has no reflector, makes it one of the safest LED grow light solutions on the market today.
In addition, the full spectrum lighting system has been heavily tested to ensure it promotes proper growth at every stage of a plant’s development. The unit includes a double switch feature for “Veg” and “Bloom”; the Veg function is for seeding and young vegetative growth, while the bloom switch is for flowering and further growth.
The Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light can replace traditional 400 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 108 watts of power, giving users a major break in their energy costs while also providing a more complete growth system for their plants. The Phlizon Corporation is a professional LED light manufacturer with a strong R&D team, and their products are backed by a 2 years manufacturer warranty plus a 30 days money back guarantee.
- Efficient. The Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light will continue to work even if one of the lights goes out, making the unit very efficient.
- Great Canopy Penetration. The great canopy penetration associated with this light will allow your flowers and plants to grow strong and beautiful.
- Dual Switch. The dual switch, Veg and Bloom functions provides just the right light to plants in many different stages of development.
- No daisy chain effect. Due to its design, there is no daisy chain feature associated with the Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light.
- Not as strong as others. The Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light is not as powerful as the previous lighting system we reviewed.
Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light
The Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light is extremely intelligent and intuitive and very easy to use.
All users need to do with this light is connect the adapter to the device and plug it into a nearby power source. With a flexible tube, the light is much more convenient than other lighting solutions, allowing users to adjust the optimal distance or lighting direction as needed.
The Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light has multiple uses. It is suitable for indoor plant seedlings, and it helps speed the growth of potted plants, vegetables, foliage and succulent plants.
- Five dimmable modes. The Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light has five dimmable modes, with 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 percent brightness.
- Great Red/Blue LED Combination. With its great red/blue LED combination, this LED grow light diverts targeted wavelengths for plants.
- Adjustable Design. Thanks to its gooseneck stem, the Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light is easy to adjust.
- Not as powerful. Although smaller and more compact, the Ankace 18W Dual Head Timing Grow Light is not near as powerful as the other lights we have reviewed.
- Only Good for a Couple Plants. It is impossible to grow a full stable of plants with just one of these lights.
LED Indoor Grow Lights Buyer’s Guide
Due to the fact that LED indoor grow lights are relatively new in the gardening marketplace, many people still have questions when it comes to selecting the perfect grow lights for their particular situation. Below we hope to answer some of those questions by outlining some of the technical and non-technical characteristics you should look for—and the factors you should consider, before purchasing these products.
Adjustable Output Spectrum
Because LED indoor growing lights are often sold with different color LEDs, you require a lighting solution that will allow you to dictate the light output spectrum based on your choice of plants or seasons. For instance, you can match colors to the flowering season, or to spring or summertime. By changing and varying the light output, you can simulate the seasonal light changes to match the growing cycle of the plant.
When purchasing high-powered LED indoor growing lights, those LED fixtures are going to require cooling, just as your computer at home needs a fan that cools it when in operation. Because of this, always look for lighting solutions that have a heat sink and a fan for cooling purposes. Since the LED fixtures do not radiate any heat, they have a metal pad that provides the way for the heat to leave the LED.
Metal Core Printed Circuit Board (MCPCB)
Although it sounds very technical, when shopping for LED indoor growing lights make sure those lighting systems are mounted on a metal core printed circuit board, or MCPCB. You can usually find this information out on the box, but if not, ask the salesman. MCPCBs are preferred in LED indoor growing lights over normal device circuit boards due to the higher than average levels of power on the LEDs.
Circuit Board Mounting
You will want to make sure that your LED indoor growing lights have a circuit board that is mounted to a larger than average heat sink—one with several fins. With more fins, the MCPCB has the ability to spread the heat out faster to aid in the cooling of the system. This is crucial to prevent the failures that are often caused by single fins—failures that can lead to overheating and damage to the LED indoor growing lights.
Constant Current Driver Circuit
When purchasing LED indoor growing lights you should strongly contemplate the electronic current circuit that powers them. The job of the electronic current circuit, or the driver circuit as it is technically known, is to convert AC power to direct current within the proper voltage and current level that the LED fixture can sustain. A proper LED circuit driver should supply a constant supply of direct current and regulate the intensity according to temperature changes.
You should also consider other non-technical factors, such as the size of the garden you are planning to light, adjustable modes and lighting brightness, and the energy costs of the system you plan to purchase, among other factors
The Benefits of LED Indoor Growing Lights vs. Other Lamps
Compared to other types of lamps, LED indoor growing lights allow for:
• Space-Saving Designs. Other types of grow lights need a lot of space in the room and at the same time they will need more equipment to help them run smoothly. With LED lighting solutions, you can enjoy better space utilization, as they are smaller and do not occupy a lot of space in the grow room.
• Optimized Light Spectrum. LED technology allows the fine tuning of the light spectrum to create the best light that plants need to produce throughout their various stages of growth.
• Power and Energy Efficient. LED indoor grow lights are much more energy efficient than other types of lighting solutions.
• Long Lasting. LED indoor grow lights have the advantage of lasting thousands upon thousands of hours.