Whether you’re just starting out in the cake decorating world, or you’re just in market for new airbrush equipment, we’ve got you covered. Finding the best airbrush kits for cakes can be overwhelming, difficult, or too time-consuming. Don’t fret! We’ve taken the work out of it for you.
- What is an airbrush kit?
- 10 Best Airbrush Kits for Cakes:
- Complete Master Airbrush Kit- For the beginner
- Cake Boss Decorating Tools Airbrushing Kit- For simple airbrushing
- Bakery Airbrush Cake Kit – For the experienced cake decorator
- Portable Mini Airbrush Kit – For on-the-go cake decorators
- PointZero Complete Airbrush Cake Decorating Set- For all levels of cake decorating
- Kopykake Airmaster Airbrush Set- For high-quality cake decorating
- Airbrush Depot Brand Pro Siphon Feed Airbrushing System– Lasts a lifetime
- U.S. Cake Supply Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit- Great for kids and adults alike
- Multi-Purpose Professional Airbrush Kit Compressor- For straightforward designs
- Duff Airbrush System – For professional results
- Airbrushing tips:
- Final Verdict:
What is an airbrush kit?
An airbrush kit is the essential tool for cake decorators. Cover layers of fondant with ease—in just minutes! Kits usually contain a compressor, airbrush, hose, and AC adapter, but can contain food coloring, multiple hoses, multiple airbrushes, and more!
10 Best Airbrush Kits for Cakes:
Complete Master Airbrush Kit- For the beginner
The Complete Master Airbrush Kit is perfect for both beginners and seasoned cake decorators in either bakeries or home kitchens. Featuring two airbrushes, a compressor, and 12 different airbrush food colors, this kit truly lives up to its name! For the beginner, this kit includes an Airbrush Training Book to get you started, or if you just need to brush up on your skills.
- Two airbrushes (Dual-action and Siphon)
- How to Training Book included
- Maintenance free air compressor
- Airbrush food color (12 colors)
- Air regulator with gauge
- May need to fiddle with the hose to get it to spray evenly
- Instructions can be hard to understand for beginners
Cake Boss Decorating Tools Airbrushing Kit- For simple airbrushing
The Cake Boss Decorating Tools Airbrushing Kit is the perfect airbrush kit for those who want a straightforward airbrushing kit. It is chrome-plated and powered by a compact 18 PSI compressor with three adjustable levels so that you can customize your cake decorating experience.
- Three adjustable levels on 18 PSI compressor
- Rubber hose with special nozzle wrench
- Plastic dropper to insert the perfect amount of food coloring
- Instruction booklet included for beginners
- Carrying case to keep your kit safe
- Small well requires you to refill it constantly (better for detail)
- Trigger is very sensitive and can take some getting used to
Bakery Airbrush Cake Kit – For the experienced cake decorator
The Bakery Airbrush Cake Kit contains a Master Airbrush Gravity Feed Airbrush, Master Airbrush Dual-Action Siphon Feed Airbrush, Master Airbrush Single-Action Siphon Feed Airbrush, and TC-77 Air Compressor to ensure that all your layers are covered! With three airbrushes, 2 air hoses and 12 Chefmaster Food Colors, this kit covers all the necessities and offers extras for more experienced cake decorators.
- 3 airbrushes (gravity feed, single-action siphon, dual-action siphon)
- TC-77 air compressor with small air storage tank
- 2 air hoses
- 12 Chefmaster food colors
- How-to booklet
- Doesn’t pack enough power for master airbrush decorators
- Machine can be hard to put together for first time users
Portable Mini Airbrush Kit – For on-the-go cake decorators
The Portable Mini Airbrush Kit is perfect for beginners, or those who don’t have a ton of room to store their airbrush equipment. The dual-action gravity feed airbrush and Mini airbrush compressor provide “air-on-demand” technology, so the compressor automatically shuts off when not in use. This model is also great for touch-ups on the go!
- Lightweight and portable
- Gravity-feed airbrush
- “Air-on-demand” technology
- Working Pressure PTFE Solvent Resistant Needle
- Fully atomized spray pattern
- The compressor doesn’t give a great indication of PSI, causing you to eyeball the spray
- No quick-disconnect between airbrush and line
PointZero Complete Airbrush Cake Decorating Set- For all levels of cake decorating
The PointZero Complete Airbrush Cake Decorating Set is perfect for all levels of airbrushing—from novice to expert. For hassle free set-up, this cake decorating set is complete and ready-to-use out of the box; all you have to do is connect the components and spray! If you need a little more direction, this kit includes seven exclusive downloadable e-book air brushing guides, so you’ll always get it right!
- Kit comes with six Chefmaster food colors
- Ready-to-use out of box
- Seven downloadable airbrushing guides
- Oil-less airbrush compressor
- Diaphragm regulator with integrated pressure gauge
- Instructions can be unclear to novice users
- Compressor can be loud at high PSI
Kopykake Airmaster Airbrush Set- For high-quality cake decorating
The Kopykake Airmaster Airbrush Set is perfect for expert users, or those who make cakes on a larger scale—such as a home business or commercial bakery. The precise needle and adjustable air pressure make the Kopykake an ideal machine for industrial, constant use.
- Adjustable air pressure (8-14 PSI)
- Creates fine lines and precise shading
- Built-in airbrush holder
- Easy-to-use airbrush kit
- Instructions are clear and straightforward
- Machine can wiggle and shake at higher pressures
- Pin lever can slip out, causing the machine to be taken apart to fix
Airbrush Depot Brand Pro Siphon Feed Airbrushing System– Lasts a lifetime
The Airbrush Depot Pro Siphon Feed Airbrushing System kit has everything you need to decorate cakes for the rest of your life. The sturdy compressor and hose feature an air regulator, airbrush holder and air filter that comes with a gauge so every spray is precise, and exactly what you intended. Great for cosmetics, tanning, airbrush tattooing, nail art, auto graphics, and cake decorating, the Airbrush Depot truly does it all!
- Airbrush holder
- Siphon feed airbrush and braided hose
- Great for both professional and occasional artists
- Multi-use machine
- Is packed with styrofoam that could be inside the airbrush
- Heavier than other models and takes up more space
U.S. Cake Supply Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit- Great for kids and adults alike
The U.S. Cake Supply Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit is a precision airbrush kit with three airflow settings, an airbrush food coloring chart, detailed user manual, and single-action gravity feed airbrush. Great for both beginners and experts, this kit is easy-to-use and perfect for learning all the basics to create edible masterpieces!
- Single-action gravity feed airbrush
- Three airflow settings
- Lightweight and portable
- Perfect hose length
- Can be noisier than other models at high pressures
- Compressor is not powerful enough to create a smooth finish
Multi-Purpose Professional Airbrush Kit Compressor- For straightforward designs
The Multi-purpose Professional Airbrush Kit Compressor is perfect for straightforward designs! Three precision airbrushes can create thin lines and soft gradual changing effects. Create beautifully brushed cookies, cakes, and more with the Multi-purpose Professional Airbrush Kit Compressor!
- High-efficiency air compressor
- Corrosion resistant
- .3mm needle/nozzle
- Dual-action gravity feed airbrush
- Quick disconnect air flow adjustment valve
- Instructions can be hard to understand
- Mini compressor is not as powerful as bigger models
Duff Airbrush System – For professional results
The Duff Airbrush System helps you create professional results without the professional price! The compressor is portable, with adjustable airflow, and comes complete with an airbrush, hose, and AC power adapter to fulfill all your cake decorating needs. This kit is easy-to-use, easy-to-setup and is easy to clean.
- Precise airbrush designs
- Adjustable airflow
- Portable and lightweight
- Great instructions for ease of use
- Not compatible with complex designs
- Coloring can leak if overfilled
- Clean out your airbrush by filling a squeeze dropper with water and put it in the color well. Spray the water out into the sink until the spray is clear. Spray for a few more seconds to dry out the inside of the airbrush!
- Use your airbrush with FDA approved, food safe colors to avoid contamination.
- Hold the airbrush nozzle at least six inches away from the cake or cookie (but no more than 8 inches) to have blotch-free designs.
- Cover all surrounding surfaces to avoid airbrushing your kitchen!
- Clean out your hose airbrushes between colors to avoid blending!
- Hold your nozzle at a 45-degree angle for softer lines, and hold the nozzle at 90 degrees for a precise, defined line.
The best airbrush kit for cake decorating can be hard to nail down if you don’t know where to look. With tons of brands and kit variations, the choice is tough, so we’ve narrowed it down for you!
So, get to baking, and creating beautiful airbrush designs!