Whether you’re sneezing and sniffling or constantly smelling pet odors in your home, an air purifier to remove allergens and odors is a good idea. Pet odors and allergens in the air can leave you miserable long after allergy season.
But never fear! We’ve compiled a list of the ten best air purifiers for allergies and pets to help you breathe easy!
- Rabbit Air Minus2 Air Purifier- For an efficient air purifier
- GermGuardian Air Purifier- Perfect for those with asthma or severe allergies
- AeraMax Home Air Purifier- Asthma and allergy friendly
- Winix Ultimate Pet Air Purifier-Smart technology air purifier
- Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – For the light sleeper
- Honeywelll Air Purifier-Long-lasting air purifier
- Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier- Use right out of the box
- Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier – For stage by stage purification
- Austin Air Healthmate Air Purifier-Keeps your energy bills low
- Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier- Ideal purifier for the bedroom
- Final Verdict:
Rabbit Air Minus2 Air Purifier- For an efficient air purifier
The Rabbit Air Minus2 Air Purifier is a true HEPA air filter that covers rooms up to 700 sq. feet. To clear odors, pet dander and odor, toxins, and germs from the air, bring home the Rabbit Air Minus2 today! For severe allergy sufferers, the Rabbit Air Minus2 should be placed in rooms under 350 sq. ft. so that the air can be changed four times per hour, reducing the allergens in the air, and letting you breathe easy!
- Covers rooms up to 700 ft. (350 ft. for severe allergy sufferers)
- Can be mounted on the wall or placed on the floor
- Six stages of filtration (pre-filter, medium filter, HEPA filter, customized filter, charcoal-based activated carbon, negative ion generator)
- Smart technology pauses air filtration when panel is removed, and automatically transitions to sleep mode in a dark room
- This unit will not remove cigarette odor
- Replaceable filters can be expensive for some user
GermGuardian Air Purifier- Perfect for those with asthma or severe allergies
The GermGuardian Air Purifier captures 99.7% of dust and allergens in the air while the charcoal filter reduces odors from cooking, smoking, and pets. Not only will the GermGuardian remove large and small irritiants from the air; it also has UV-C light technology to kill bacteria, germs, viruses, and mold spores in the air.
- True HEPA technology
- UV-C light technology to kill airborne irritants
- 22-inch, 3-speed tower
- Best for medium sized rooms (up to 190 sq. ft)
- Ultra-quiet machine
- Filters must be replaced every 6-8 months
- Slight smell (off-gassing) when opened, but dissipates after a few days
AeraMax Home Air Purifier- Asthma and allergy friendly
If you have allergies or asthma, the AeraMax 100 Home Air Purifier is the best machine for you. The sleek machine features a HEPA filter with an AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment to clean your air of pollen, pet dander, ragweed, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores, and cigarette smoke. Breathe easy with the AeraMAX Home Air Purifier.
Pros of the AeraMax Home Air Purifier:
- Certified asthma and allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Special mode for cold and flu season
- Purifies small rooms (100-200 sq. ft.)
- Sleek design
- AeraSmart sensor detects and purifies the air
Cons of the AeraMax Home Air Purifier:
- Loud purifier
- Filters must be changed every month
Winix Ultimate Pet Air Purifier-Smart technology air purifier
The Winix Ultimate Pet Air Purifier is a HEPA filter that is perfect for medium to large rooms, up to 283 sq. ft. The washable pre-filter captures larger particles such as pet hairs and dust, while the advanced carbon filter helps eliminate odors from cooking, smoke, and pets. PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at the molecular level, neutralizes viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air. The Smart Sensors have dust and light sensors to meet the needs of your environment.
- True HEPA technology
- PlasmaWave technology to attack pollutants
- Odor, dust, and light sensors to adjust to your environment
- Washable pre-filter
- Captures large particles like dust and pet hair
- Annual replacement filters can be expensive to some users
- Air purifier can be loud on turbo setting
Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – For the light sleeper
The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 is an ultra-quiet HEPA purifier with a BLDC motor that operates at 5 speeds to increase or decrease air flow as needed. The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet Air Purifier cleans the air in your home without leaving a huge carbon footprint. The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 is an eco-friendly machine that is perfect for those who want to remove pet odors or allergens from their home.
Pros of the Rabbit Air BioGS:
- Four stages of filtering (pre-filter, HEPA filter, Charcoal-based activated carbon filter, negative ion generator)
- Traps larger particles like pet hair and dust
- Quiet machine; virtually silent at low speeds
- Filters last up to three years, and are washable
- Purifies air in rooms up to 625 sq. feet
Cons of the Rabbit Air BioGS:
- Must be placed 2ft away from the wall
- Filter needs changed every other month
Honeywelll Air Purifier-Long-lasting air purifier
The Honeywell Air Purifier is perfect to remove pollen, smoke, dust, and pet odors from the air. The Carbon-activate pre-filter helps remove larger particles from the air, such as pet hair, dander, lint, and fur while reducing common household odors. The Intelli-Check Electronic Filter Indicator takes the guesswork out of owning an air filer by telling you when it’s time to change the filter.
- True HEPA allergen remover
- Works in rooms up to 350 sq. ft.
- Circulates the air up to five times per hour
- Washable pre-filter
- Long-lasting air purifier
- Large wattage consumption with constant use
- With age, the fan gets louder (this can be an indication to change the filter)
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier- Use right out of the box
The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier is an ultra-quiet, easy-to-use air purifier that removes odors and large particles from the air in your home. With four fan speeds as well as turbo and sleep modes, the Whispure can be modified to fit the needs of any home environment. This air purifier can circulate the air up to 4.8 times per hour in rooms of up to 500 sq. ft.
- Circulates air up to 4.8 times in rooms up to 500 sq. ft.
- Four fan speeds, plus turbo and sleep mode
- True HEPA filtration technology
- Removes both large and small particles from the air
- Operates too warmly for comfort in the hot summer months
- Fan can begin to vibrate at high speeds
Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier – For stage by stage purification
The Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier is the perfect filter for large areas. Able to tackle a full basement, or open plan apartment of up to 1100 sq. ft. HEPA-FreshPlus is a chemical filter that removes smoke, VOCs, and heavier chemicals from the air. Finally, the HEPA-OdorCell is an odor neutralizer that removes pesky smells from the air, such as diaper and pet odors.
Pros of the Alen BreatheSmart:
- 4 different HEPA filters
- Large area coverage (1100 sq. ft.)
- Air quality indicator
- Airflow fans to maximize clean air
- Whisper-quiet performance
Cons of the Alen BreatheSmart:
- More pricey than other brands
- Larger than other models
Austin Air Healthmate Air Purifier-Keeps your energy bills low
The Austin Air Healthmate Air Purifier has four stages of filtration to save your nose and sinuses from allergens and odors in the air. The large particle pre-filter removes dust and pet hair from the air, while the medium particle pre-filter removes small to medium particles like mold, spores, and pollen. The third stage of filtration, the activated carbon filter, removes pesky odors like pet, cooking smells, and smoke from your home, while the final stage, the HEPA filter, removes particles larger than .3 microns.
- Four stages of filtration
- True HEPA technology
- Three different speed settings
- Does not increase energy bills by a large amount
- Filters do not need replaced often (up to 5 years)
- More expensive model
- Can be loud on high speeds
Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier- Ideal purifier for the bedroom
The Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier is the complete air purifier for the home. Perfect as a bedroom air purifier for those with allergies or who are sensitive to pet odors, the Oransi has two sets of fan blades to clean your air quietly. Small enough to fit in a bedroom or home office, the Oransi is lightweight and easily carried from room to room.
- True HEPA technology
- UV technology removes mold, spores, and bacteria from the air
- Lightweight and portable
- Two sets of fan blades
- Ultra-quiet air purifier
- Mild plastic smell upon opening
- Filters can be expensive to replace for some users
Save yourself from sniffles, sneezes, and pet odors with an air purifier to increase the quality of breathing in your home. Whether you’re in need of cleaner air in your bedroom, office, or a large open space, we have the solution for you. Not sure of which model to get? We’ve narrowed it down for you.
Our top picks:
- The GermGuardian Air Purifier is an ultra-quiet machine with true HEPA technology to save you from allergies or pet odors in the air. This purifier also utilizes UV technology to remove mold, pollen, and spores from the air.
- The Honeywelll Air Purifier is a long-lasting air purifier that utilizes Intelli-Check Electronic Filter Indicator to take the guesswork out of knowing when it’s time to change your filter.
- The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier is an ideal air purifier when you want an easy-to-use, ready-out-of-the-box machine. Remove both large and small particles from your home, especially large spaces.
No matter which air purifier you purchase, get ready to breathe easier—both pet odor and allergy free!