Are you a landscaper in need of a comfortable and durable boot to help get the job done without hurting your feet? If so, the following boots—and information—may be right up your alley. In this article we have reviewed several of the most popular and long lasting landscaping boots on the market today, complete with the pros and cons associated with each product.
We have also provided a Landscaping Boots Buying Guide, in which we will outline and explain the various characteristics you should look for when shopping for your next pair of boots.
Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot
The Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot is suited to a wide range of jobs, including landscaping work. The all-leather boots boast a super-grip rubber sole that allows workers to approach a variety of landscaping tasks with confidence. Offering strength and flexibility, this steel-toe work boot features a comfortable plush collar and tongue bearing the Caterpillar logo. The boots have an oil-resistant traction outsole and a waterproof coating. The Nubuck leather or pull up leather nylon mesh lining provides added breathability and comfort, helping workers feel dry and comfortable throughout the job.
The Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot has hex-shape grommets with speed lacing at the shaft. The boot’s Goodyear welt construction allows workers to move freely and enhances the boot’s strength and durability. The patented Climasphere insole works to keep wearers cool and fresh; and the ASTM-compliant steel toe protects against common injuries. Moreover, the slip-resistant outsole ensures firm footing in even the wettest of environments. Cat footwear makes boots that mirror the company’s world-famous earthmovers, which are a symbol of honest work, strength and integrity.
- Durable. With its all-leather construction, the Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot is highly durable.
- Stylish. In addition to being able to tackle any type of landscaping job, the boots are also very stylish, allowing people to wear them in non-work situations.
- Lightweight. Even though the Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot has a steel toe, it still manages to be quite lightweight.
- Can be tight. From a width perspective, the Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot may be too tight for some wearers.
- Sole may come up at heel. According to some users, after a long period of use/walking, the sole on the Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot can come loose from the boot.
KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots
The KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots are manufactured using top of the line nubuck leather and are constructed to be incredibly durable and supportive. With a simple and elegant design, the boots feature a premium leather upper and oil resistant outsole, all for a price that won’t make you dig into your savings. Built with simplicity in mind, the KINGSHOW boots are known throughout the world for their ideal blend of sophistication and luxury. The boots are perfect for young and old, male or female—anyone who values a combination of durability and flexibility.
The easy yet regal feel of the KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots have made them popular with a wide variety of workers, particularly landscapers who spend a good deal of their day working around water. The shoes can be used on rainy days without wearers having to deal with soaked feet at the end of the day. Add to that the fact that the outsole of the work boots is resistant to oil and you have a boot that is perfect to wear on driveways and other surfaces where oil can accumulate.
Although the KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots may seem a little bulky to some, many will appreciate the boots’ sturdiness and robust look, which also leads to a greater degree of safety on the job.
- Very comfortable. The KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots are perhaps the most comfortable pair of boots you will ever wear.
- Great support. The ankle and arch support offered by these boots is truly commendable and adds comfort for the wearer.
- Water Resistant. A very important characteristic for landscapers who work around water, the KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots are 100 percent water resistant.
- Slippery. Because the soles of the KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots are made of rubber, the boots can be very slippery.
- Bulky. The boots may be too bulky-looking for some wearers.
- Color can fade. Although water resistant, the KINGSHOW Men’s 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots can fade over time, which takes away from the overall aesthetics of the boots.
KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot
Made from the highest quality nubuck leather, the KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot is very sturdy and durable. The medium duty shoes are perfect for landscapers, as they provide a combination of protection and a comfortable feel that any wearer will appreciate. The boots feature asymmetrical toe protection made to specifically fit both the right and left foot, protecting from the big toe to the little toe. The larger toe box allows your feet to breathe and spread out the way they were meant to, and allows room to move and flex, thus preventing pinching when the foot is hyper-flexed.
The internal support mechanism of the KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot is anatomically engineered to provide excellent arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot. One of the only manufacturers to bring the comfort of a hiking boot to the job site, the boot offers a more natural, snug fit in the heel and a more spacious area in the toe of the boot. Made with a waterproof yet breathable membrane, the boots allow vapor to escape without letting the water in, which ultimately keeps your feet clean and dry. With this boot, perspiration and moisture that is naturally produced by the body are able to escape the shoe, but in conditions of wet turf or rain you will never have to worry about the water getting in.
- Comfortable. Designed like a hiking boot, the KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot can be worn for extra long shifts without hurting the feet.
- Safety-inspired. These boots from the KEEN company are equipped with all the required safety features, ranging from electric shock protection to shock absorption.
- Waterproof. The KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot is both waterproof and breathable, allowing natural moisture to escape while keeping the outside water out.
- Durability issues. The leather of the KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot is very soft and some users have complained about their durability when doing laborious landscaping work.
- Long laces. The laces on the KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot are very long, which can be a problem for some wearers.
Landscaping Boots Buying Guide
Now that you have had a chance to view and review some of the best selling landscaping boots on the market today, below we will outline just a few things you should look for when buying a pair of boots like these for your next job.
A Good Fit
As with any type of footwear, the fit of a landscaping boot is the most crucial characteristic you should look for. While most landscaping boots offer protection, not all offer a perfect fit that will allow you to move freely around the job site without any slipping at the heel or pinching of the toe. Thus, when shopping for your next pair of boots, make sure to try them on wearing the exact same type of socks you would normally wear on the job site, and walk around the store a few times to make sure they fit perfectly.
The fit and comfort of a landscaping boot go hand in hand, but they are not the same thing. While you definitely want a good-fitting boot for your landscaping work, you also want a boot that feels comfortable on your foot—one that allows for all day wear without pinching your feet where you need the most support.
A high quality landscaping boot will offer support in both the ankles and the arches. These are the areas that many boots fail to protect, so be sure to look at the box carefully and only buy a boot that offers support in these areas.
Of course, the only way to test a boot’s true durability is to wear it for an extended period of time, but you can also read reviews from other previous users to formulate an opinion about the boot’s overall durability. A durable boot should be made with high quality leather and easy to use laces and grommets.
Steel-toe boots are the ONLY way to go with any type of work boot. Additionally, make sure the toe box is roomy enough to protect your toes without cutting off your foot flexibility or making you feel restrained and uncomfortable.
Waterproof and Oil Resistant
Finally, since landscapers like yourself work a lot around water, you definitely want a boot that is completely waterproof. You also want a sole that is oil-resistant, which will help prevent slips on slick driveways and patios.