Your family’s health and well-being is important to you – very important – so it only makes sense that you would protect your family’s health by ensuring the drinking water they consume from the faucet is pure and safe, free of potentially harmful chemicals and other particles.
Fortunately, that is exactly what a high-quality water filter can do, as these devices are designed to protect against chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride that can leach into your home’s drinking water. We searched for the best water filters built to remove chemicals.
- Our Quick Review of The Best Water Filters in 2020
- Water Filter Buying Guide
Our Quick Review of The Best Water Filters in 2020
- DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
- Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
- InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System
In the following article we have reviewed several of the best and most highly sought after water filters on the market today, and explained the pros and cons associated with each of these products.
We have also included a Water Filter Buying Guide, in which we will outline and explain the various factors and characteristics you should look for when buying one of these products – factors and characteristics that can help you achieve your ultimate goal: remarkably clean tap water that is safe for you and your family to drink.
DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
Fast to set up and incredibly easy to use, the DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter can help clean and purify your drinking water for the best in great-tasting refreshment. This filter, which mounts directly to your faucet, offers you economical and highly technical water filtration and the best tasting water possible from one easy-to-install filter. Not only will this water filter improve the taste of your drinking water, it also reduces any odor you may be experiencing and brings renewed clarity to the water that you can actually see.
The filter that is included with the DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter is designed by water professionals to reduce the amount of sediment in your water while also blocking out harmful chemicals and particles. This commercial-grade DuPont product does an amazing job at filtering out things like chlorine, cysts, linden, benzene, asbestos, fluorine, mercury and even lead, all of which are potentially harmful when consumed in great quantities.
The DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter has a moderate 100 gallon filter capacity. Moreover, the filtration system includes a patented Micro ban Antimicrobial product for your protection – a product that is integrated into the cartridge housing and media for improved filter life and performance. The DuPont faucet mount filter attaches quickly and easily to all standard kitchen faucets. Those who purchase this water filtration system will receive all of the following components: one premier faucet mount, one high protection and high capacity faucet mount filter, two faucet adapters, and two washers and plumbing tape for protection against leaks of any kind.
- Produces great-tasting water. DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter works so well that you will never have to purchase bottled water again.
- Micro Ban. The Micro Ban antimicrobial device on this water filtration system helps to improve the lifespan and performance of the filter.
- Includes everything you need. The DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter comes with everything you need to perform the installation, beginning with the cartridge and filters down to the washers and plumber’s tape that you will need to guard against leaks.
- Small capacity. While the DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter is very effective against a wide range of chemicals and particles, it has only a capacity for 100 gallons, after which the filter will not be very effective. This means you will have to change the filter out frequently.
Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
Bottled water is not only relatively pricey but also dangerous to the environment, thanks to the plastic water bottles in which it is sold. Fortunately, with the Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System you can get fresh, clean water from the tap, eliminating any bad taste and saying goodbye forever to the expensive and eco-dangerous bottled water alternative.
The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System comes ready to use right out of the box. It requires no tools to install and is ready to start filtering your water in seconds after the filter is mounted. The system protects against dangerous chemicals like chlorine and fluoride and ensures that every glass of water you drink is clean, pure and odor-free.
- Improves taste and smells. The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System is not only effective at drastically improving the taste of your water; it also eliminates that chlorine or fluoride odor that is present in much of our unfiltered tap water today.
- Compact. The compact size of the Brita filters means they will never take up too much space.
- Tool-Less Installation. The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System is ready to use right of the box and requires no tools for the installation. This translates to a faster and more hassle-free installation.
- Some faulty light sensors. The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System uses an LED light system to indicate the lifespan of the filter and to alert customers as to when it is time to change it. This light sensor, however, which stays green when the filter is good, yellow to notify the customer that it might be time for a change, and red to say it is absolutely time to remove and change the filter, can sometimes fail early, according to customers who have purchased and used the unit.
InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System
The InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System is one of the most versatile water filters on the market today. The filter includes a lever that allows you to choose between filtered water (for drinking, cooking etc.), and unfiltered water for those occasions when you are filling a mop bucket or getting water for your plants. The filtration system also guards against harmful chemicals, and is, in fact, ANSI/NSF certified for the reduction of (Class II) chlorine, which can produce a bad taste and funky unappetizing odor.
The chrome base and clear cap on the InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System blends in seamlessly with your faucet, and the entire filtration system can be installed in minutes with no tools whatsoever.
Thanks to the loose coconut carbon filter on the InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System you will get great-tasting water and amazing water flow and pressure.
- Certified for safety. Thanks to the rigorous certification process that every InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System undergoes you can be certain your water is free of harmful chlorine and the bad taste and odor it often produces.
- Easy to Install. With its easy three-step, tool-less instructions, the water filter is very easy to install.
- Sleek design. The sleek chrome design of the filter, coupled with the clear cover, will make you forget you are even using a filter on your faucet.
- Occasional Leaks. Some reviewers have complained about occasional leaks with the InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System, which may or may not be the product of incorrect installation.
- Flimsy adaptor. The adaptor that connects the filter to the faucet is made from flimsy plastic that has a tendency to break.
Water Filter Buying Guide
If you have decided to buy a water filter to protect your family from harmful chemicals that can leach into your drinking water, there are some factors and characteristics to consider before making that purchase. Below we have highlighted just a few of those considerations.
Ease of Installation and Use
When purchasing a water filter, be sure to get one that is easy to install—a tool-less installation that is simple to do. Most faucet-style filters are very easy to install, as the cartridges connect simply to the thread guides on your faucet and include a door of sorts in which to place and activate the filter.
When water is filtered, it can slow up the faucet speed, making it take longer to draw the required amount. This can be very frustrating. For this reason, we recommend filters with a high rate of filtration speed that will not overly slow your kitchen water tasks.
Water Filtration Capacity
The capacity of a water filter is the number of gallons that filter can actually filter before it loses its effectiveness. Most faucet water filters have a capacity ranging from 75 gallons on the low end, to upwards of 250 gallons on the high end.
When purchasing a water filter system, you’ll want to make extra sure that the filter itself has been certified and rated. These certifications, the two most common of which are the NSF/ANSI42 and the NSF/ANSI53, will let you know if the filter is sufficient for the removal of chlorine, iron, magnesium, hydrogen sulphides and other similar substances (NSF/ANSI42); and sufficient for the removal of arsenic, asbestos, copper, lead and mercury, in addition to organic and inorganic chemical compounds and bacteria (NSF/ANSI53).
Cost and Warranty
Finally, there are many different water filters on the market today, and a lower price does not always mean an inferior filter. Therefore, shop around and read reviews until you find a filter that is rated for things like chlorine, mercury, lead and bacteria removal, one that also has a decent warranty and fits your family budget.