Imagine having near instant access to the warm soothing waters of a hot tub/jacuzzi, along with the therapeutic jets that can melt away muscle pain and soreness along with the cares of the day. Well, that is exactly what can happen with an inflatable hot tub.
Inflatable hot tubs enable you to bring the comforts of a jacuzzi wherever you go; and they serve as a fantastic and affordable option to the larger built-in fiberglass hot tubs that can often cost thousands and thousands of dollars.
If this sounds like something that interests you, below we have reviewed several of these hot new products, and highlighted the pros and cons of each model to help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
We have also included a Buyer’s Guide, which will help anyone looking to buy one of these hot tubs zero in on what is really important – a guide that details the various factors and characteristics you should look for (and ask about) before making a final buying decision.
Best Inflatable Hot Tub For The Money (2018)
No products found.
No products found.
Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews
1. Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub
The digitally-controlled Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub allows you to enjoy the relaxation of a Jacuzzi wherever you happen to be. Featuring an automatic start/stop timer, the 4-6 person capacity inflatable hot tub can soothe your aching muscles with pulsating water jets placed strategically around the tub.
The Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub is easy to set up; it can be inflated using the included spa pump that requires no extra tools. The tough inflated walls are made from a patented Tri-Tech material that offers the very best in comfort, support and durability. The padded bottom of the spa creates an effortless step-in experience, and the included float is designed to provide a measured amount of all the necessary chemicals needed to keep the water clean and safe from pollutants.
- Durable. The Tri-Tech construction of the Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub makes it very tough and durable – you can even sit on the tub walls.
- Even temperature. The digital control panel of this hot tub keeps a very even temperature, even when the tub is not in use.
- Compact. The compact size of the Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub makes it the perfect hot tub for getaways and makes storage a breeze.
- Requires regular cartridge maintenance. According to reviewers, the pump system on the Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub can stop working unless proper cartridge maintenance is maintained.
- One Color only. The hot tub is only available in the color green.
- Heat and Jets cannot run at the same time. Due to the manner in which the Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub is built, the heater and the jet cannot run at the same time.
2. SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
Those looking for a convenient and portable hot tub that can accommodate 2-4 people will simply fall in love with the SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub – one of the highest rated products of its kind currently on the market. Once the spa is inflated using the included pneumatic air pump – and once the water is added to the structure – users can pamper themselves in a hot tub that offers the same benefits of an in-ground or fiberglass tub at just pennies on the dollar.
Thanks to the safe and very effective heating unit, the water in the SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub heats up very rapidly (up to 104 degrees F). And the simple-to-operate digital control panel allows you to set the start and stop times of the spa, while also adjusting the force and movement of the therapeutic jets.
The SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub was one of the first inflatable hot tubs to ever hit the market. It can be set up either indoors, perhaps for a nice wintertime soak, or outdoors, to help you entertain guests at your next BBQ or pool party. The digital heating controls allow you to adjust and fine tune the temperature of the hot tub without ever stepping out of it; and the water filtration system and chemical floater ensure the water is always clean and safe for you, your family and your friends.
- Easy to Adjust. The intuitive control panel on the SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub makes it easy to adjust the temperature and jets.
- Easy Setup. The setup of this hot tub is extremely simple, thanks largely to the clear instructions and the included DVD that walks you through the setup process.
- Compact. Unlike some of the larger inflatable hot tubs on the market, the SaluSpa model is very compact, allowing you to set it up virtually anywhere.
- No Seat. While most fiberglass hot tubs have seats at different heights, the SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub has no seats.
- Struggles in cold temperatures. The hot tub works fantastically in warm weather, but it struggles to maintain its temperature when used outdoors in the colder winter months.
- Poor Customer Service. Many reviewers have complained that it was difficult to reach customer service for the SaluSpa Miami Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub when the need arose.
3. Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub
For relaxation at the touch of a button, the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub is the perfect choice. Able to accommodate up to 6 people very comfortably, this relaxing inflatable hot tub allows you to pamper yourself whenever you want and wherever you are with warm therapeutic water and the finest pulsating jets located throughout the Jacuzzi at various heights.
From the box, the included air pump that comes standard with this purchase enables you to inflate the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub in just 20 minutes. From there you can activate the simple-to-use control panel that lets you adjust the time and temperature of your session, as well as the high-powered bubble jets that surround you in muscle-easing comfort.
Maintenance on the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub is extremely easy. The spa comes with a chemical float boasting two easy to replace filter cartridges that together ensure a clean water experience each and every time.
- Large. The largest of the hot tubs we have reviewed here, the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub is able to easily accommodate 6-8 people comfortably.
- LED Lights. The LED lights on this hot tub are a very nice touch.
- Strong and Durable. Constructed to last, the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub is made with 48 fiber tech beams.
- Prone to Leaks. According to some who have owned the Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Hot Tub, it may be prone to leaks after extended use.
- Long time to heat. Quick to inflate and fill, one of the downsides of this hot tub is the amount of time it takes to reach the optimal temperature, especially in colder weather.
Inflatable Hot Tub Buyer’s Guide
If you plan to purchase an inflatable hot tub in the near future, there are many factors you will need to consider. Some of these factors are listed below.
Inflatable hot tubs will vary in size. From the very small 2-person hot tubs, to those hot tubs that can easily accommodate 8 people or more, there are many different sizes of hot tubs on the market today. Keep in mind that the size you choose will also affect how long it will take for the water to reach its optimal temperature, with larger hot tubs taking substantially longer than smaller ones. Larger tubs will also require more maintenance and chemicals, which can mean a bigger dent in your wallet.
When it comes to hot tubs, the two basic traditional shapes are round or square, but there are even some tubs today that take on an octagonal shape when inflated. This is more a matter of preference, but you should have a shape in mind before you hit the stores.
Most lower end inflatable hot tubs only come with bubble jets, but if you require a hot tub with the more advanced hydro-massage jets, be prepared to spend substantially more.
Covers on an inflatable hot tub are more than just extra perks; they are essential when building the water temperature and for reducing heat loss when the tub is not in use. Therefore, always look for a hot tub that includes a child-proof cover—it will increase the lifespan of your new toy while keeping your children safe.
Naturally, a pump and a heater come standard on all inflatable hot tubs, but there are other features you should look for as well. Some of these include:
- Water filtration system for filtering the water
- Water softening component
- Remote control programming
- Salt water systems that will help chlorinate the water, allowing you to use fewer chemicals
- A chemical float
Ease of Cleaning
Be sure to look for an inflatable hot tub that is easy to clean – one with a simplified filter cartridge system. These systems not only make it easier to add the chemicals, they can preserve the cleanliness of your hot tub when it is not in use.
Most standard hot tubs are energy hogs, but recent improvements in technology have enabled manufacturers to develop inflatable hot tubs that will use only a fraction of that energy, thus lowering your utility costs.