More known than his boxing career, George Foreman’s line of grills had set the trend for low-fat cooking appliances. Even with more competition on the market, this line of grills still remains as a top contender for home cookware. Let’s read on to find out more about George Foreman grills so that you may make an informed purchase.
- Best George Foreman Grills For The Money (2018)
- Benefits & Uses of George Foreman Grills:
- The Different Types of George Foreman Grills:
- George Foreman Grill Reviews
- What to Look For
- How to Clean:
Best George Foreman Grills For The Money (2018)
Last update on 2019-06-15 at 08:11 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
Benefits & Uses of George Foreman Grills:
Cooking Speed for Those That Are Too Busy
Most working Americans are likely to indulge in fast food instead of a healthy, home-cooked meal due to the lack of time efficiency. In less than 8 minutes, the user may have a fully cooked piece of chicken with a low fat content. Throw some vegetables, bread or instant rice into the mix, you can have a complete meal that is faster than going to one’s local McDonald’s.
Diet & Health
Every cut of meat, even chicken breast, has a significant amount of heart attack inducing saturated fat. The concept of the George Foreman grill is to drain out the fat from grilling meat so that only a lean protein remains. Since fat has the highest concentration of calories, this will aid one in their fat loss journey.
It Doesn’t Lose The Flavor
It is a culinary myth that the flavor in meat is in the fat. George Foreman grills squeeze out the fat while retaining the juiciness of the cut of meat so there is no sacrifice in flavor. Even with vegetables, corn, or bread, the grill cooks them evenly without burning them to a crisp.
Easy to Clean
The non-stick surface makes these devices easy to wipe down without having to scrub hard. In some models, the cooking plates and other components are removable so that they may be washed in the sink or washing machine.
Grilling in Any Weather
You don’t have to wait around for the perfect weather to taste grilled food. George Foreman grills will produce the same quality of meat, if not better, than charcoal or propane grills. Some models will also have ridges to produce grill marks to make thinks reminiscent of outdoor grills.
More Than Just Grilling Meat
The George Foreman brand has expanded into more types of foods thanks to changes in design and added accessories. Even things like muffins, pancakes, quesadillas, and other gourmet dishes can be made with a grill.
The Different Types of George Foreman Grills:
The George Foreman line of grills is mostly known for the convenient indoor products but there are also some outdoor products. It is marketed towards both those seeking convenience and those that are into healthy low-fat cooking.
The Basic Indoor Grill
The basic grill option is intended to be the introductory or budget item that is useful for couples or bachelors. It is a small, portable unit that has the basic functionalities to grill meat and drains the excess fat into a pan. The drip pan is the only removable component and the non-stick grill cannot be removed or replaced. It does have an adjustable hinge so that foods of varying thickness may be cooked properly.
The Advanced Indoor Grill
The Advanced Grill as much more to be desired than the basic option, including removable components to make cleaning a little easier. Some models of advanced grills allow for an adjustable, flat surface to make paninis or other grilled sandwiches. It is also capable of cooking thicker cuts of meat since it can adjust to being significantly wider than the basic grills.
The Premium Indoor Grill
As the name implies, the premium grill has more features with an extra high price tag. It expands upon the features of the advanced grill and adds more functionality, like a baking dish and a muffin pan. Other custom inserts are also available and may be purchased separately.
Premium grills also include a digital control panel to give the user full control of the temperature with just a touch of a button. It also has a searing feature to boost the temperature up to 500 degrees for a short burst.
Portable Outdoor Grill
George Foreman also produces an outdoor, propane-fueled grill with adjustable burners. Not only does it have a sleeker design than most portable grills, it has a fat-draining slope to reduce the fat when cooking. Other familiar features of the George Foreman line of grills, like the removal grill plate, are present.
Ceramic Plate Grills
George Foreman also produces a line of ceramic grills for those that want to avoid using Teflon surfaces. There are only a few models of ceramic grills available but they come with the features and convenience of other George Foreman grills.
George Foreman Grill Reviews
Not sure which of our recommended models up above is the best choice for your family’s grilling needs? No worries! Check out what our editors have to say about a few of our favorite options when it comes to the top George Foreman grills on the market right now.
1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
If you’re looking for the best George Foreman grill for steaks, burgers and chicken breast for a family or large group, then look no further than this model right here. It also gets our top pick as the best outdoor George Foreman grill for the money.
This tall stand-up model has enough grilling space for cooking up 15 servings at once, which is great for those family get togethers. And the clean up with this thing is so quick and easy, we just love it.
It is probably our favorite model when it comes to the best outdoor electric grills.
- 15+ Servings - It's tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people ,Has Temperature Indicator Light
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it's durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil, Has Temperature Indicator Light
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Don't let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time. Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Tip-can control moisture of foods, to some extent, by opening or closing lid vent. Turn lid handle or vent clockwise to open vent for drier cooking. Turn counterclockwise to hold in moisture for moister meats. Light on temperature control probe will cycle on and off as grill thermostat maintains proper temperature. This is normal operation. Note-condensation may collect on inside of lid when cooking.Approx. 38 inches high including pedestal
Last update on 2019-06-15 at 05:42 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
2. George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Platinum, GRP472P
If you’re looking for a good option for a small family that gives you the versatility of a panini press, then check out this model here. It gets our top pick as the best George Foreman grill with removable plates.
It’s size makes it good enough for a small person since it offers 5 servings on the grill plate surface. We also think that this is one of the best George Foreman grills for apartments since it is so versatile, compact and makes enough food for a small family or just one person.
- 5 Servings - Feed the whole family in record time! With 72 square inches of grilling space, you can make five servings of everybody's favorites all at the same time
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that's what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they'll be ready to go for your next meal
- Premium Ceramic Coating - Time for an upgrade! Ceramic is the key to our improved nonstick coating. It's 5x more durable**, stain- and fade-resistant, and free of PTFE and PFOA
- Fat-Removing Slope - It's the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals. Removable Grill Plates - The top and bottom grill plates are completely removable, and cool-touch plastic grips make them easy to handle
- Drip Tray - The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don't have to. How nice is that?
Last update on 2019-06-15 at 08:26 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
3. George Foreman GR0040B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill
If you live alone, then you’ll probably want to take a look at this model here. It gets our top pick for the best George Foreman grill for one person.
The grill plate surface is large enough for two hamburger patties, or one large chicken breast (or two small chicken breasts), or a single filet of steak. You can’t make a lot on this model at one time, but that won’t matter much if you’re just cooking for one.
This unit is very compact, easy to clean, and has an awesome cheap price. In fact, it might be one of, if not the, cheapest George Foreman grill that we’ve seen in our comparison testing.
- 2 Servings, 36 Inches
- Cool-touch handle
- Nonstick cooking surface
- Exclusive Fat Removing Design
- Power indicator light
Last update on 2019-06-15 at 05:42 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look For
When shopping around for George Foreman grills, take into consideration the type of cooking that you will require. If you want to create a variety of food, then advanced or premium grills are likely what you need. If you are just looking quickly cook a chicken breast or sandwich for yourself, you won’t need anything more than a basic grill. Keep in mind the portion sizes that you want to churn out as there are George Foreman grills that can accommodate large serving sizes.
If your needs are specific to certain types of foods, there are some grills with specialties. Models with clear plastic lids are used to heat hamburger buns or bread. Models with floating hinges are designed to cook large items that would normally not fit into standard grills. Some will have mappable grill inserts so that things like muffin trays and other items may be used.
How to Clean:
- Keep the George Foreman grill unplugged during the cleaning process, especially if it is a model that does not have removable trays.
- With a wet paper towel, you may delicately wipe the non-stick surface of the grill to clean off residue. If you do this immediately after using the grill and it is still hot, it makes the process easier.
- Using a small amount of dish soap and a wet sponge, lather up all edges of the grill with soap. With a clean, wet sponge, wipe away the soap until it is perfectly clean.
- Dry the grill with a paper towel or dish towel.
Note: Advanced and premium models will have removable trays that may be washed in a dishwasher.
Due to the wide variety of George Foreman grills on the market, it is hard to recommend a specific model. Use the information above to assess which grill type that you may need and start your search from there. Take into consideration online reviews of specific models, feature lists, and the price range to make an informed purchase.
top image credit: phb.cz/Deposit Photos